Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris this is gkekoa, is there anyway on oahu we can get some demo boards for bigger guys and some bigger boards in the surf shops in town honolulu area like pipe dreams or tropical blends? its really hard to buy a board when i only see 5 foot boards for small guys. would like to see boards that are in the 6'4 range hybrids and HPs. and would like to demo them before dropping the big bucks. it says on your web site that tropical blends is a demo shop but they have none. i know north shore surf shop has demos but thats far away. honolulu would be a more central shop for more people to check out. hope firewire can make this happen, mahalo, g

Comment

Hi all and gkekoa, Just placed an order for a 6-3 RF Activator in futures.

Will test drive when it gets here in 2 weeks and post photos (detailed) and comments on the board.. if its not enough board/volume for me, I will sell ASAP and get another at 6-5, or a Hell Razor.

Aloha from the Big Island

Comment

hey gkekoa,
        Actually demoes are available to all shops, the only thing is each shop has to buy them. So ultimately its up to them. maybe just mention it to your local dealer so they can be aware that there are people who would take advantage of the service.

hope this helps!

Comment

Holding breath on the Activator order should be shipping out soon...... Surf forecast looks weak, just my luck when it gets here, it will be flat again for a spell. Busting out the C-7 Great Wave Carver for exercise. Wish a neighbor had a wave pool to play on... You guys on Oahu, always have waves, a skatepark, skim boarding or that wave pool to fool around on.

Comment

Activator 6-3 Rapid fire in Futures recieved today. Very stoked, just what i expected, but the waves are flat to try it out.

Comparison wise just as youd expect a 6-3 to be a scaled version of a lrger 6-4 or a 6-5 (6-4's dont exist in Activator so I chose the 6-3 instead.)
            6-3 Activator Skegs setup is narrower (1") than the 6-4 Dominator and just slightly narrower than Hellfire.
            Nose and tail rocker slightly more than Dominator almost a smidgen less than the Hellfire
            Width in the tail is narrower than the Dominator and smidge narrower to the Hellfire, but still pulls in more on the last 7 inches of the tail than the Hellfire. Looking at the tails the double bump swallow shows alot of change in surface areas.
            the Hellfire has more concave than the Activator, while the Activator has just a seemingly smidgin more or the same concave as the dominator.

here are some comparison photos to a 6-4 Dominator and a 6-4 Hellfire.
            There wont be any surf until next tuesday here..
            Here is the 6-3 Activator over a 6-4 Dom
            Attachment

Here is the 6-4 Hellfire top of the 6-3 Activator on top of 6-4 Dominator
            Attachment
            Attachment
            Attachment
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Fritzkat; 05-19-2012, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Thanks Fritzkat, pretty usefull!!!

Comment

Tnx great pix, tell us how it rides, if there's any waves coming, hoping an praying .

Comment

just a heads up, there is an NEW 6-7 Activator FST for sale with FCS at Pacific Vibrations in Kailua Kona, Hawaii Island

Comment

Once again Fritz, thanks for the info! Great stuff!

Comment

Checked out the Activator in my local dealer yesterday. Looks like a really nice board actually. A little more refined than the Dom as has already been pointed out. I couldn't buy one though because I know I'd keep dinging all the corners of the wings haha.

Comment

Just prematurely surfed my 6-3 Activator today, on crappy, dissapointing less than knee high slop waves to me. Now a 6-3 is the smallest board I have ever ridden, but I had no problems paddling it into these crappy waves and standing my 6-6 foot 200 pound long legged giraffe body on the board. There were no faces to manuver on, so I could not throw out any snaps, I did manage one good cutback that did not hang up.

I should have waited for real surf instead of slop that could have used a sweet potato or a long board. Trade winds are forecast to tuning for a swell thursday Head high. Will ride it again then.

Comment

jajajajja there is always an excuse to take the board out... in this case you tested the lowest range the board can handle!

Comment

Victory at sea chop today, high wind warnings, will have to wait for the trade winds to clean up and be surfable, Activator is itching to be in the water....almost as bad as waiting for the baord to be shipped here..

Comment

Fritzcat, hope you can scratch that itch and Activate out your dreams soon! Look forward to the report!

Comment

jejejeje...waiting for that report over here as well

Comment

Working...
                                X