Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

third session out today, good fun in the slop caught alot of waves, paddling a breeze, having more fun than on the dominator, got some high snaps off the top and decent cutbacks. hoping for a semi decent day where the wind is not over 10 knots onshore and the swell is pushing stong

Comment

yeewwww fritz

Comment

6-3 Activator NOW my favorite go to board after this 4th and 5th sesh today. My set up was the AM-2's 4.79" front fins with the Rusty 3.85 quad rears. waves were fun waist to shoulder high reef break peak. loads of fun everything connected, late drops, snaps, cut backs, although i stayed away from the last snap on the wave face as it emptied out into shallow reef ding your board territory. Easy paddle, turns and drops. Very fun loose feeling, I did not have that extra wide tail slogging a quick tail turn, I went mostly front side as I continue to find my balance sweet spots. will plan on riding a large rear quad fin (stamps 4.0 once the waves get over head if I dont take the 6-4 Hellfire or Quadra -Five out)

Sorry 6-4 Dominator, your on the shelf until I get a ding or its super mushy down the line. (still love the Dom but I am having way too much fun on the Activator.)

Comment

Hi Fritzkat,
          Why did you bought a 6'3 Activator and not a 6'5? If 6'3 Activator has less volume than yours 6'4 Dominator.

Comment

Originally posted by Fritzkat View Post
            6-3 Activator NOW my favorite go to board after this 4th and 5th sesh today. My set up was the AM-2's 4.79" front fins with the Rusty 3.85 quad rears. waves were fun waist to shoulder high reef break peak. loads of fun everything connected, late drops, snaps, cut backs, although i stayed away from the last snap on the wave face as it emptied out into shallow reef ding your board territory. Easy paddle, turns and drops. Very fun loose feeling, I did not have that extra wide tail slogging a quick tail turn, I went mostly front side as I continue to find my balance sweet spots. will plan on riding a large rear quad fin (stamps 4.0 once the waves get over head if I dont take the 6-4 Hellfire or Quadra -Five out)

Sorry 6-4 Dominator, your on the shelf until I get a ding or its super mushy down the line. (still love the Dom but I am having way too much fun on the Activator.)
            Wow looks like somebody was having fun!!!!!.Thanks for the insight!!

Comment

Tininho,
              6-3 Activator , since i am comfortable with the volume already on my Quadra - five and Hell fire. 37L and 36L (all completely different boards) the dimensions are scaled down tighter than the DOM and its tail is pulled in allowing more play, tighter turns on the waves. I can say this will be my daily go to board.

the 6-4 Dominator I originally got at that heavier volume to be a "groveler" plus board for mushy powerless crowded waves, made it easy on me to paddle into most everything thats not too hollow. I see it as more of a cruiser than a performance board for me.. (most people would have gone to a Sweet pot, Baked Potato, Potatonator or addvance) the wider tail on the DOM makes great heavy carving sprays, but not tight enough for me like a Hell Fire does and now the Activator. I would have consider a 6-2 Dom, but since the 6-3 Activator, I am pleased with the new board.

Comment

Thanks Frizkat!
                Do you think a 6'5 Activator for my daily board will have too much volume? I am an intermediate+ surfer. I have 34 years, 6,3 tall, weigth 200 pounds plus wetsuit. The waves out here are mostly beach and point breaks.

Comment

Hey Tininho,
                  I think you could make arguments for both. Fritz rides warm places with no suit and good waves so I am thinking that being a competent surfer, having a slightly larger frame and the presence of a wetsuit, you might benefit from having a little extra volume over Fritz's 603.

The 605 could be a good way to get small wave versatility without sacrificing a lot of performance.

Hope this helps!!

Comment

Hi Chris,
                    It helps a lot! Already ordered a 6'5 Activator.
                    Thanks

Comment

stoked on the support!! let us know how it goes!

Comment

Tininho, I agree with Chris, that extra 10 pounds of wieght and rubber, youll probably need a floatier board. I could be wrong, unless you get out everyday and are in top shape.

Keep the 6-4 Hell fire in mind, after you get spoiled on the 6-5 Activator.

Comment

Thanks Fritzkat!
                          Last edited by Tininho; 06-06-2012, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Prjwebb I just noticed you have a Minnie driver FST ?????? Have I been asleep for that long

Comment

Originally posted by seabass View Post
                              Prjwebb I just noticed you have a Minnie driver FST ?????? Have I been asleep for that long
                              Ha! Just sold my Sub Scorcher and pre-ordered one. Won't be under my feet until September time though.

Comment

Does anyone know when minnie driver available in FW Currumbin

Comment

Working...
                                X