• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seabass View Post
    Does anyone know when minnie driver available in FW Currumbin
    I'm hearing around December

Comment

Would an Activator have too much cross over with an ElF to have both in the one quiver?

Comment

I'd say no. The activator will love the more pockety conditions where the Elf is more suited to down the line stuff.
        Depends on the conditions you like the Elf in I guess and what you find it limiting in.

Comment

Yeah it depends too on what else you have in your quiver. Its important to look at CONDITION overlap and individual quiver need.

I think having boards that overlap in the conditions you would use them in is great so long as their performance characteristics are different AND you have other areas covered.

I would personally address holes in wave size first, so if you have no small wave or good wave board, cover those bases first. Then you can turn your attention towards getting a more specified hybrid. The truth is, most of us spend a majority of our time in similar conditions so it certainly makes sense to have a couple different options for those days. It kind of comes shown to being a personal call...

Cheers and hope this helps further.

Comment

Probably one of the most under-rated boards in the Firewire range, I've had so much fun on a 5 9 Activator, those wings are just fantastic look way better when you get your hands on the board.

Comment

Madprof, can I ask how much you weigh? I have a 5.11 and think that I am overvolumed right now. I was training heavily for hockey when i ordered mine and thought that I was going to end up over 180 and need lots of volume. The 5.11 catches waves like a beast and has tons of speed in small surf but I have to load up on the tail more than i would prefer when turning.

Comment

I weigh about 165 lbs and am probably about 5' 9" tall (don't know for sure!). If it helps, I also ride a 5' 8" Dom and 6' 1" Hell Razor, both work well for me.

Comment

hey madprof thanks for the good words!! yeah its a sneaker!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X