X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activator

The ACTIVATOR is best described as the DOMINATOR 2.0, built on the same platform but with a double-wing swallow tail configuration. This tail design takes some of the bulk out of the DM’s fat thumb tail allowing the board to turn even sharper, and includes the ‘pivot-point’ of the swallow tail design which many surfers enjoy. For those looking for slightly enhanced performance over the DM, but with all of the wave-catching ability of the original design, the ACTIVATOR will add some explosive performance to your ‘in the pocket’ surfing while still sailing over flat spots.

http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/qu...rdid=activator

AVAIL 4/15

Has anyone seen or ridden this board yet? I am very curious to the tail dimensions as its not on the Compare boards menu yet...And I wanted to see where compares to my other 3 boards.
    Last edited by Fritzkat; 02-19-2012, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Seems kind of like a swallow tail spitfire.

Comment

I was hoping the tail was closer to the Rusty Pirahna or My Rawson Hyper Skate 2
        Last edited by Fritzkat; 02-20-2012, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Hey all,
          that info will be uploaded to board compare relatively soon. Just have to finish gathering and prepping it all for upload into the Board Compare platform.

Regarding the Rusty Piranha, I feel it has a little less volume, a bit more refined overall but I may have to hold that Rusty board again...

Comment

I agree, The Rusty Piranha has less volume and as an EPS its too stiff. I saw a few here and there on Oahu and a local friend has one. I held off buying it after I got the Dominator. I am looking forward to the Firewire Activator, as I like the sharper tail release a swallow tail has off the top. hopefully a 6-5 Activator will be in a shop soon near me.

Comment

Is the Activator suited for larger waves than the Dominator? Does it sit somewhere between the Spitfire and Hellfire?

Comment

yeah i would say it is. Its more refined, has a little less volume and a touch more rocker to go along with a slightly narrower nose and tails.

I think you would ride it similar to slightly better conditions and will stand out at the "better" end of the spectrum while the dominator will still crush the bottom end of that range.

Cheers

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BimMPe7aQts

This one seems to be flying a little under the radar but looks like a fantastic board!

Comment

when's it coming out?? i was about to buy a spit but could be talked into this!

Comment

i think august???

Comment

Middle of April it sounds like

Comment

nice tail, should be loose to throw around fan sprays

Comment

I plan on getting the Activator to Augment/the Dominator as I like a tighter arc and free tail movement from a swallowtail. Never been too hip on Rounded pin tails and Diamond tails unless its a down the line wave with longer lines to draw. Most of the waves here are reef with alot of cutbacks and in the pocket play. Conditions vary greatly in a moment. Dominator has been great on the drawn out waves. But I am finding my limits of hard cutbacks, pocket and off the top snaps in the Dominator. Always like the Swallows better was waiting for the Variation to come to the dominator. I hope that double wing Swallow will be pulled in tighter than the rounded pin is. My former Short board was 14.5 inch tail. . this could be a Good Play on that shape. Anyone with an idea on the tail dimensions?

Comment

Chris or anyone have you rode the Activator yet.. ? I have a Board purchase due for this next summer season and dont want to get the wrong one. so far its a toss up between the Activator (@6'-3" or 6'-5") , Hell Razor (@6'-7") or the MB (@ 6'-6") my target volumes ideally at miminum 35L on performance to 42L on mushy.

Since I have longer legs with wider stance and big feet I am leery of getting the 6-3 Activator if the midpoint is too far back and end up obscurly riding the tail.
                              Any thoughts from those who rode it yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X