X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right size for a lil' guy?

Hi all: I'm 5'7", 135 lbs and just started surfing about a year ago. After renting foamies for a while, I picked up a second hand funboard with dimensions of 7'4" x 21.5" x 2.5" in February. Since then I've been hitting up the local beginner breaks at least once a week, stepping that up to 3-4 times a week now that it's summer and I have more free time. I can popup on green waves and make the bottom turn pretty consistently, especially over the last month or so. I know I'm probably getting a little ahead of myself seeing as how I haven't come close to mastering my funboard yet, but I have some extra cash right now and the Dominator family has got me intrigued. Originally I was like looking at the Dominator but the Activator seems to be selling for a couple hundred dollars less everywhere. Any suggestions for sizing, keeping in mind that I'm a small guy as well as a beginner? I'm committed and game for a challenge. I know conventions will probably have you all suggesting to go pretty short but I'm a tiny bit scared of going a foot or so shorter than my funboard. What do you all think?

Also, I'm 28 years old if that matters. And fit.

Comment

Working...
    X