X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activator and Chedda in quiver?

Hi guys I'm currently trying to build a full Firewire quiver, I'm 5'11 and 66kg. I'm looking at a 5'10 thin Bourez and also a 5'8 Chubby Chedda at 26.8 litres. I was hoping to get a Dom for the days when its a bit to small and gutless for the Chedda, but it has to much volume for my size unfortunately. I have noticed the Activator is described as a Dominator 2.0, with the 5'7 at 27.4 litres.

The size and volume of the 5'7 Activator seems perfect for a small wave grovel board for me......
    So the question is would the Activator have a better low end than the Chedda, due to being very similar to the Dominator? I know most people wouldn't ride both these boards, but the size and volume is pretty much what I would want in a custom Dominator?

Stoop a Loop: I've been riding an Activator 5.9 for a while now and i can certify this is a very good board for small waves. It can groovel flat sections very well, and get speed when you pump it in every part of the wave. It is my choice for mushy, windblown waves up to 3 ft. It is very easy to make the transition from rail to rail and also to push hard for a long bottom turn. I ride it as a quad with Future Rastovich's at 79 Kg.Its an easy paddler as well.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Petoven. Do you ride anything other than the Activator when the waves are small such as either of the Potatoes? Or does the Activator get the job done for you? The Dom, BP,SP and Potatonator are all over volumed and to short for my height.

Comment

• Petoven
        Petoven commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, it is may only one board for small waves. I consider the potatos ,sp, and dom inclusve to be too much in the groveling side for my liking. It depends on your type of surfing. I used to ride El Fuego 5.9 for this purpose but the board got too old and time-damaged so it was replaced by the AC. I consider the Activator a much more versatile board than el Fuego. You won't be dissapointed. You have to choose the right size for you though: 5.7 if you like some extra volume on your board or 5.5 if you are a great paddler and surfer.

The Dom definitely handles the bottom end better, the AC will work with more effort. But is it worth considering a Unibrow? I hear there is a fair bit of crossover with the Dom and the size steps are inch increments instead of two.

Comment

• Petoven
        Petoven commented
        Editing a comment
        Madprof: The Unibrow is a total different animal if you compare it to a Dominator. The unibrow is a high performance hybrid whith low rails, more set to pocket surfing. I tried it recently and concluded it covers the same range as of the Hellrazor,a board which i preffer over the UB.
    Working...
    X