X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activator FCS Fin Question

Hi Everyone! I just purchased a 6'1" Activator and I am now looking for fins. I am 5'11" and 185lbs. I am a low intermediate level surfer and want something that will work well in all conditions. I would also like to run this board as a quad to start. I have been looking at the FCS Simon Anderson SA-2 Quads fit set and the FCS GMB-5. I am also open to other suggestions. Does anyone have any experience with these fins on this board?

Thanks for all the help guys!

Iv'e never ridden an activator but iv'e used the GMB-5's in most my boards and find them really good

Comment

Thanks! I am really leaning that way. My only worry is that these will feel a little on the large/cumbersome side in smaller surf. Has this been your experience?

Comment

I've got FCS Goods1 on my AC 5'9. Very "goods" and work well in all condition. (I like underated board and fins)

Comment

I use both the GMB-5 and the old SA-25 large(old model but similar template) in my activator. Both quad. I'm 90 kg 190 cm. Both great in all conditions. I put a fifth fin in when it's overhead and surf it up 2.5 overhead

Comment

Thank you for the input guys. I appreciate the help!

Comment

I have an Activator that I am selling in rapid fire same size. I am 5.9" and 184lbs. I used it for a week In the Dominican Republic from waist to 2-3 ft overhead and I love the board, it was just to floaty for my taste, thinking about getting it in 5.10 but FST. I used the FCS SF4 Stretch PC tri-quad set. I really liked them alot, but i prefered the quads over the tri, it felt like the board was a little stuck, but that could have been do to the fact the board was a little floaty for my liking in those waves.

Comment

Working...
              X