Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Bottom detail - concave yes or no ? flat, v, reverse v, dome, channels Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom detail - concave yes or no ? flat, v, reverse v, dome, channels

what's the bottom like, concave, flat, v, reverse v, dome, channels ???

I'm interested in buying one, i like the design and concept, especially the sharper tail.

i posted photos and a summary of what I found so far

http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/f/...ctivator/page7

Comment

Thanks Fritz!

Comment

Originally posted by Fritzkat View Post
        Activator 6-3 Rapid fire in Futures recieved today. Very stoked, just what i expected, but the waves are flat to try it out.

Comparison wise just as youd expect a 6-3 to be a scaled version of a lrger 6-4 or a 6-5 (6-4's dont exist in Activator so I chose the 6-3 instead.)
        6-3 Activator Skegs setup is narrower (1") than the 6-4 Dominator and just slightly narrower than Hellfire.
        Nose and tail rocker slightly more than Dominator almost a smidgen less than the Hellfire
        Width in the tail is narrower than the Dominator and smidge narrower to the Hellfire, but still pulls in more on the last 7 inches of the tail than the Hellfire. Looking at the tails the double bump swallow shows alot of change in surface areas.
        the Hellfire has more concave than the Activator, while the Activator has just a seemingly smidgin more or the same concave as the dominator.

here are some comparison photos to a 6-4 Dominator and a 6-4 Hellfire.
        There wont be any surf until next tuesday here..
        Here is the 6-3 Activator over a 6-4 Dom
        Attachment

Here is the 6-4 Hellfire top of the 6-3 Activator on top of 6-4 Dominator
        Attachment
        Attachment
        Attachment
        Where Fritz compares concaves:
        the Hellfire has more concave than the Activator, while the Activator has just a seemingly smidgin more or the same concave as the dominator.
        I took it to be specifically about depth rather than contour type. It doesn't say explicitly, but I suppose it is a single concave.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X