X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activator V Hellfire

The Board Compare feature is not working at the mo.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of difference between the ACT and the HF. The HF is an inch longer and about the same volume. Has anybody seen these 2 together to compare the differences?

Thanks

The board compare is loading up with a volume range already locked in. Just set them back to blank and you should be good to go.

Comment

I get

This error will automatically be reported to Board Formula and we will fix it as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please feel free to give us feedback on our contact page.

????

Comment

http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/qu...2&maxvolume=98

Try that link.
        For some reason it's auto loading a volume query between 58 and 64 litres.

Comment

STC67
          I will be getting my 6-3 Activator (they dont offer a 6-4 Activator) in about 2 weeks (hopefully) to compare to a 6-4 Hell fire
          I will post comparison photos of the tail, nose, rail and rocker. Other than that if the surf conditions allow, I will take it out for a spin or two and post the results.

Comment

Originally posted by Fritzkat View Post
            STC67
            I will be getting my 6-3 Activator (they dont offer a 6-4 Activator) in about 2 weeks (hopefully) to compare to a 6-4 Hell fire
            I will post comparison photos of the tail, nose, rail and rocker. Other than that if the surf conditions allow, I will take it out for a spin or two and post the results.
            Thanks Fritzcat, sensational !!

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
              http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/qu...2&maxvolume=98

Try that link.
              For some reason it's auto loading a volume query between 58 and 64 litres.
              Thanks. This link works. Unfortunately the Activator is not there yet.

Comment

we're on it.

that'll be back up shortly!!

Thanks!

Comment

STC67 I have both and AC is a easy board to surf and really enjoyable the HF goes better much better in waves with more punch and
                  is a great performance board if you want to go hard go the HF if you want to go out get heaps waves and have fun AC I am really enjoying my AC because my wave count has doubled. HF will take on bigger waves for sure but I have surfed my AC well over head no worries and waist high no worries. AC is the ultimate hangover board to put it simply. I got the AC to replace old Dom. hope helps.

Comment

thanks seabss!

Comment

Seabass, I got the Activator to replace my aging Dom also, although not retired yet, its meant to get me into more snappy pockety fun waves whereas the Dominator wants to draw a wider lazier turn/cutty.

Comment

Yeah fair assessment and compatison of the Activator to the Dominator.

Comment

Hey seabass and Fritzkat maybe you can help me...I just sold my 5'6 Spitfire (28.3L). I think I bought one size too big but overall I liked the board but now I am reconsidering my 2nd board options and may want to try something new.
                          Just bought a 5'6 Hellfire and am thinking of adding a 2nd board for the smaller, less powerful waves.
                          Still want something that is fast, good performance & manueverable, not a crusier.

I am considering a 5'5 Activator (25.5L) and wanted to know if it will get into waves easier than my Hellfire (24.5L) with similar volume. Sounds like the Activator is wider in the nose and possibly less rocker??? Will this be enough to make a difference in catching smaller waves where the Hellfire doesn't excel even though the volumes of the boards are similar? Or would I have two boards that are too similar?
                          Other options I was considering were a 5'4 Spitfire or a 5'2 Potatonator.

Feedback from anyone would be most appreciated.

Comment

DelmarSurfer,

6-3 Activator is my next level down from the 6-4 HellFire. Its an Easier paddle than the Hellfire. Activator has a wider nose than the Hellfire, and less rocker and concave than the hell fire.

I like the narrower tails on the Hellfire and Activator , rather than the Spitfire or a Potatonator.

I still like my dominator for even mushier conditions. But, when the waves are really hopeless, (for Sweet Potato or a long board) Id rather stay home and do some chores and work out. Gas$$$ is too expensive to cruise around. I can ride my carver skateboard or take the kids to the beach.
                            Last edited by Fritzkat; 09-18-2012, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Fritzkat,

Thanks for the feedback.
                              I am with you on the narrower tails. Would you say that allows the Activator to have a bit more performance than the Spitfire? Or how does the narrower tail translate in regards to performance to the Spitfire/Dominator?
                              Maybe you can shed some light on the differences you notice when surfing your Activator and Dominator.

Really like my Hellfire, just need something for when it's a bit less powerful. Like you if it's any less hopeless surf than the Activator is good for I'd rather do something else.
                              Thanks! Feedback from all is welcome.
                              Sounds like you don't feel there would be too much overlap between the Hellfire and the Activator and would be a good 2-board quiver???

Comment

Working...
                              X