X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activator and something smaller

Hi. Looking for a suggestion on a 2 board purchase. Trying to ditch the longboards for at least a while. Liking the Activator in the 7'1" as my board for more performance/better waves. I'm 6'2", and 215lbs., advanced longboarder,but been a while since I regularly shortboarded. Very used to more volume in a board. Like I said though, I am also looking for a smaller board to complement the Act. I was looking at the SP, SF,Dom, and Pot-nater, and cannot seem to figure which board would be best for me in mushier conditions. I like that the SP has a lot of volume compared to the 6'4" length.

Any help is appreciated.

hey dkor,
    good questions!! I think in the Activator model you would love the 6'11-7'1 range. Its a great shape and the feedback has been incredible.

Going smaller, the Sweet Potato is a no brainer. We have a guy here in house who ranges between 215 and 230 i believe and he likes the 600. If you wanted to add a little extra float and make it easier on yourself, i think going in the 600 or 602 range would be perfect.

Hope this helps get things started.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks Chris. And one other question. I know it is not out yet, but would the baked P. work even better for me? I know the Act is really the next Dom in some ways, but is the BP the future for the small wave board? Some of the comments on the SP have been lukewarm in some fatter, slower conditions, but I know perople love it as well.

Comment

SF, PN and Dom, supposed to be real similar from the fins forward. Activator has a tighter preformance tail. Maybe the SP, BP or King fish?

Comment

Chris (or anyone) what's your read on the spit versus the activator with both supposedly pitched as more hp versions of the Dom. How does their ride compare or ideal wave conditions. Is the activator more hp than the spit? Would it go better in slightly bigger waves with that tail? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Activator handles late drops, steep drops better than the Dominator, tail has a different bite to it. more release when you want it.

Comment

yeah fritz good stuff there. I would say that is spot on. The Activator is a greater change from the dom. There is more of a reshaping of the tail and the rocker in the nose of the Activator feels pulled out just a little bit more. The template overall was increased by an inch or so so naturally you are going to find that the activator feels like a better wave board.

The Spitfire has the same rocker profile and specs as the dom with the slight modification done to the tail.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks guys are rail foils of spit and activator similar?

Comment

are you talking thickness? yeah similar foil...similar foam distribution, just the activator feels like it is the same board drawn out a little. There is a touch more rocker and the tail certainly has less area...

Comment

Working...
                  X