X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activator Quad vs Thruster

Just purchased a 7'1" activator and have been advised that it is better to as a quad than a thruster. I have previously had Firewire Advance and Spitfire models and used Futures AM2 in a Thruster Set Up in both boards. Any advice or recommendations on What futures quad setup in the Large size (I am 85 kg) that would suite the activator e.g. Contoller, SA4's perhaps, or even the Shapers Quad-e.

Sven Hog, I found Controllers good in bigger swell for control and AM's as thruster for smaller to more average surf.

Comment

Sven Hog,
      I have been testing out fins, Now, I stay with my Am-2s as fronts and change up the rears according to size and steepness of the waves. For my Activator I always run it as a Quad as it just feels too loose as a thruster. I run AM-2s in the front and Rusty quad rears 3.85" or V2F4 quad rears 3.75". I just got that board a month ago and have not had any over head ++waves to use 4"+ fins on yet.

Where do you find the Shapers Quad-e? I would like to get a pair of the "Shapers Quad-e" being that I cannot find SA-4's anywhere. I just want the Rear fins for bigger days
      Last edited by Fritzkat; 07-03-2012, 03:26 AM.

Comment

This is the shapers site
        http://www.shapersfins.com/archives/...quad-e-stealth
        We can get them pretty easy in Z-land, cheaper than the futures

Comment

Just checked out the controllers on the futures site, says they are suited to wider tail or retro fish. Are they still OK to use on the activator? as it has a more refined, pulled in tail than say a sweet patato or a Dom. Any one used the contollers specifically on the Bigger Activators?

Comment

My Friend just got a 6-11 Activator and his borrowed FCS fins are too small (GAM's), he weighs 235#s is waiting for a larger pair being delivered as we blog... He is being sent the HI-1 (FCS)
            Will let you know what he thinks about the board with those fins on. Here are the Dems on that fin set..FCS HI-1 Depth: 5.35" / 136mm. Base: 5.11" / 130mm. Area: 19.23"˛ / 12405mm˛
            Harley Ingleby's XL signature template delivers maximum speed and drive for powerful surfers. Ideal for performance longboards and wide hybrid models.
            Optimum weight range: over 85kg

Comment

trust in Fritz here!! he is putting this board through it paces!!

Comment

Thanks all, will probably go the Controllers for the Quad setup as I am in the Futures camp and not FCS (Board came with Futures) and may look at some AM2 FG's if I use it as a Thruster

Comment

Working...
                X