Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addvance 6'10" or 7'2"? (long wait for 7'2")

This is a bit of a crosspost, I posted earlier under Hellfire, but they pointed me toward the Addvance. I just found out today that there is only a 6'10" Addvance available, everything else is at least 3 weeks of waiting. So, do you guys think I'll be alright on a 6'10"? Should I wait it out for a 7'2"? Or should I just find something else floaty enough?

I'm trying to decide between the Addvance in 6'10" or 7'2" or if I should get a step down board between a longboard and shortboard. I'm 33, 225lbs and 6'6", I've ridden longboards mostly in the 10'-11' range up to head high for a couple years, took a year off, and have done some SUP surfing the last few months. I don't really want to get back into longboarding (can have that fun on a SUP), really want to go shorter, what do you guys think I should do?

Well, for a short board, I'd do 6'10". Anything longer will be... long :)

Seems like there is a long wait for FW boards these days. I recall not waiting that long earlier in the year.

Wonder whats up. Been waiting for what seems like a long time for my HR.

Comment

Your pretty tall, 8inches taller than me but I think 6'10 will be Ok if you have a reasonable level of fitness and wave sense. I have owned the 7'2 and now the 6'10 and looking for a 6'6 and I'm 95kgs and mid 40's. the Addvance is a lot more forgiving that a Hellfire (I have surfed a 6'10 Hellfire) and certainly would be my recommendation for you. I too have come from longboards and you will notice the drop in length for the first few surfs.

Cheers

Comment

I went and checked out the 6'10 in the store today, I think I'm going to order the 7'6". Start there and then step down if I really get into it. 6'10" just looks pretty small for me as an intermediate longboarder stepping down to beginner shortboard.

Comment

Jolly green you should have a blast on the 706 and if you outgrow it, it s a very easy one to resell...

Cheers

Comment

Addvance order

Hey Chris,

Maybe you can help me out, I've been trying to order a 7'6" Addvance through a local honolulu store for a few days now, they keep having difficulty getting in touch with the local sales rep. Earlier this week they found out there was a 7'6" in stock on the mainland, and it would take 3 weeks to be delivered. I just wanted to know which fin system the board had before I placed the order, any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by STC67 View Post
              Your pretty tall, 8inches taller than me but I think 6'10 will be Ok if you have a reasonable level of fitness and wave sense. I have owned the 7'2 and now the 6'10 and looking for a 6'6 and I'm 95kgs and mid 40's. the Addvance is a lot more forgiving that a Hellfire (I have surfed a 6'10 Hellfire) and certainly would be my recommendation for you. I too have come from longboards and you will notice the drop in length for the first few surfs.

Cheers
              That's not your 6'10" for sale at Beachbeat is it?

Comment

Hey Jolly,
                if you still have questions regarding placing an order, hit me directly at my email address below and I can help you out.

Thanks!

Comment

Hey Cuttle,

Here is my 6'10!!! And you know what that means.

YEEEEWWWWWWW

Attachment
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X