X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6'10 ADDvance review

Howzit. I've been surfing big boards for a long time. This winter has only been 6'8 an under. I've never ridden a board under 8' until this mid-life crisis. I'm use to catching all the waves I want and have sacrificed some of that due to riding these smaller boards until today. I bought the 6'10 addvance for summer to surf the south shore due to heavy crowds and the fact that most of my crew surfs longboards. Boy was I right on this board thanks to this forum. This board is essentially the stomach and butt of a longboard. It actually looks like a fish on steroids. If u ever thought what it wud b like to ride a long board w/o the extra 2 feet, thats what it is. I have a pretty decent paddle and am comfortable riding and catching waves w anybody, but this board is ridiculous. I didnt lose any wave I paddled for. I didnt give way to any longboarders. I surfed Ma'ili, which is a point break on the west side of O'ahu. It was 3-4' hawaiian and lining up real nice. I had to surf backside due the wave being a left which isn't what i wud prefer, but I cant complain. It definitely is going to b my go to board for Three's on the south shore at anything over 4'. I guess I wud tell anybody starting or stepping down to go w a 6'10 addvance or even a 6'6. Now if my Vanguard wud come in, i cud review that, but until then I'll b on my spit or fish. All in all, if don't want to sacrifice wave count, but dont mind still riding s progressive style of longboarding, then the addvance is for u

Hey FokaiHI,
    Great feedback. Thanks for sharing... Others will be stoked to read this one.

Cheers

Comment

Now thats what I'm talking about !!!!

FokaiHi, what it get's big and narly, stick in a quad set or even a set of Controllers and I find it opens the wave range range up on this board. When it is smaller, a set of bigger sides and a small trailer keeps it pretty loose.

If you are interested in catching waves and having fun and don't care about huge hacks or airs, an Addvance is a such a great board for your quiver.

Looking forward to your Vangaurd review !!!!

Comment

yea. i think the quad is the way to go. i've never tried Controllers yet, but i can get em at a good price. i'll check it out. until then this board will remain docked until three's starts firing this summer. i just got my VG yesterday afternoon and as u can imagine i'm pretty fired up to make a fool out of myself today.

Comment

Working...
        X