• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok now I'm advanced

Hi Suncoast, I have THE answer for you

ADDVANCE !!!!!!C'mon,
    You know you need it
    You know you want it

It would be the perfect foil to a SP and cover every wave scenario the Sunny cost can serve up except for the really big days when you and me can sit on the beach drinking coffee and I can tell you how good I used to be.

Ok stc67 As the title suggests I'm now addvanced, managed to pick up 6'6 future boxed addvance, now the question turns to fin options, quad/ thruster, I have elevons and controller quads, but from what I can tell the addvance goes well in thruster config, being 97 kg,s at the moment is there a fin setup you recommend for the addvance? Can't wait to screw some fins in and get out there,

Suncoast
    Last edited by suncoastslop; 03-02-2013, 05:47 AM.

i like the Panchos or the SA quads w the nubster. i've only ridden mine twice, but do prefer the thruster cus of the vol.

Comment

I finally put the ADD to the test yesterday at 6' Makaha. I'm reg foot and pretty much luv to go rt.I've been hitting Makaha pretty reg on my VG and loving it, but cannot out paddle 8' guns and 11' longboards, so i finally busted out the ADD after 2 hours of the VG. I put the Panchos on and paddled into the line-up. Lets just say it was victory at sea dealing w so much volume. Nothing i cudn't get over though. Once on the outside, i pretty much kept up w the big boys cus i was able to take off later and deeper.

I quickly was reminded of surfing beveled rails on my first drop. I come down a nice 4'er w a clean face, hit the bottom turn and the board slices right thru until the rails start to slip up the face. this happened 4 times on the same wave. I quickly realized that this board is a lot like Stewarts Hydro Hull, but much smaller. From then on, i was loving it. The glide from bottom turns into drawn out carves r very smooth. The tail is very loose, even though its thicker than most of my boards. Duck diving sucked, but paddling is so easy.

All in all, I will use this board for clean Waikiki, Threes, and Diamond Head at 4'+. This board is so perfect for Threes. Which btw is the best right next to Point Panics on the south shore. Anyways, i see many barrels on big days cus the ease of drop into bottom turn to setting up the line is nothing short of a brilliant design.

Comment

fokaiHI, great info, how did the panchos go?

i remember surfing waikiki as a kid years ago, such a blast on a long board, would have to be better on the addvance

cheers

suncoast

Comment

i will use the panchos every time. i liked how they held over the quads. then again, the waves were bigger. i think a smaller day w hollow set ups wud b good for quads. i kept sliding on my cutty until i went w the thruster. sometimes its hard at Makaha to experiment. surfers see u struggling, they start dropping in. i know the crew out there pretty well, so its not too bad, but u dont want to b the guy not making the drop on the bombs.

still, it is a really fun board. its like my Mac, user friendly

Comment

Originally posted by fokaiHI View Post
            i will use the panchos every time. i liked how they held over the quads. then again, the waves were bigger. i think a smaller day w hollow set ups wud b good for quads. i kept sliding on my cutty until i went w the thruster. sometimes its hard at Makaha to experiment. surfers see u struggling, they start dropping in. i know the crew out there pretty well, so its not too bad, but u dont want to b the guy not making the drop on the bombs.

still, it is a really fun board. its like my Mac, user friendly
            Gold thanks mate

Comment

i surfed 2' Makaha yesterday w quads/ knub. super fun day. i decided to rest the VG for a couple days and will use the ADD. today i'm going up country and it shud b 2-3' overhead. it will b another nice test. the board is just so loose.

Comment

nice one, be interested to hear how the quad setup goes, btw what quad setup you using?

suncoast

Comment

I went to Chuns yesterday and it was 4' w slight onshore Kona winds. no long boarders or sups. it was a chick, sean (lifeguard), and me on my ADD. I use Simon Anderson 4 quads w the knubster. I liked it. It was really fluid.

After a while it was just the chick and me. So at 4' w bigger sets, we were just trading waves and running a circle to the point. The only time i regretted having the ADD was when the clean out sets came in. The 1st one was 8' w 4 waves in it. So we finally get back to the line up and the 8' bombs just started rolling in. I dont know how many waves the second set had, but it felt like forever. When I got in, Sean comes up to me and says "Ho. that chick can handle." Sidenote- she was an Ausssie. Anyways, I said " what about me?" He replied, "I was laughing to hard watching the 1st clean u out, but when the 2nd set came in, I laughed even harder."

All I know is that board can handle w quads and thruster. I even thought about having my friend remove the middle skeg box and replace it w a box skeg for long board skegs.

Comment

this is Chuns. More of a longboard spot. steep drops w long carving walls
                    Attachment
                    Attached Files

Comment

@fokaiHI,
                      Did you surf Chuns last week? Swell turned NNW and it was hitting it full on. Some guys were saying it jumped from 3-5 to 8-10+ in one day!!! That's always the scariest thing about North shore: freak sets and it can get big super fast!

ALOHA!

Comment

yea. thats what happened. i surfed it on thursday. nothing too serious, but definitely unexpected. i dont know if u remember Todd Chesser, but thats how we lost him. If i remember right, he was out at Leftovers @10' and some serious bombs came in and caught him. it was 4' when i started, but the 8' bombs after 2 hr surfing told me to go in. too tired already.

Comment

addvance update,

rode the addvance in clean head high sucky beachies today, addvance performed awesome, made every drop, went fast down the line and ended up getting one of the best left's (backhand) ive had in years, rode quad with amt/controller setup, was wondering how the addvance would perform in these type waves(as i bought it to use at local points), but it handled it with ease, im tipping this board would perform equally in 1.5 to 2 X head high,,,,,stoked

suncoast
                          Last edited by suncoastslop; 04-22-2013, 12:31 AM.

Comment

yes sir. the ADD is simply one of my favorite boards of all time. ive been using SA fronts and SF rears. super loose and fast.

Comment

Hey stc, How's your addvance going? If you ever want to sell it let me know. Btw, I'm getting old and my memory is going but I am pretty sure I said right from the get go, get an addvance.

Comment

Working...
                              X