X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next board after 6'6" Addvance

Hey guys. 80kg 5'10" 46yrs medium paddle fitness- I have gone from 9'6" longboard to the 6"6" Addvance. It is a great transition board and perfoms well but i am now trying to work out my next board as I gain experience. The Addvance has good paddle power, which I would like my next board to have but I am looking for a bit less volume and a bit more performance.
    My local waves are mainly crumbling walls, with a bit of power, but nothing hollow. I was thinking of 6'3" Elfuego, 6'4" Dominator/Spitfire, or Alternator 6'8".
    I'm keeping the Addvance for summer slush as I really like it and can sit out with the longboards. What I am looking for is paddle power, speed down the line and carving ability on a fat wall.
    I don't want to go too short or too big a step down in volume as I want to keep developing steadily.
    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Liquidmagic, I think you are on the right track as far as board choice goes, but I think you are oversizing a bit.
    If you are looking for a bit more performance, the spitfire is a board that is essentially a higher performance dominator. Now size wise, I am 165cms 80Kgs and ride a 5'8"spitfire as my regular board at it floats me well even fully suited with a 6/5/4 on.
    Considering you are coming off an Addvance, maybe you want to increase a bit in length to make the transition smoother.That's why I would suggest the 5'10" in this case, 6'0" being the max.

Comment

Thanks iggy. Any Thoughts on the best plan shape for the type of waves, including the hellfire which I forgot to mention. Speed and carving ability . I thought maybe the elfuego as a quad from what I have previously read.

Comment

I think a 6'1" El F would go well for you. Spitfires are so fun though but in a flatter wave maybe the El F would be best.

Comment

Agreed with prjwebb. Coming off the advance the HF might not be as friendly as the EF

Comment

yeah i wouldn't rule out the dominator either....
            a very fun and user friendly board. great for all abilities.

thanks all!

Comment

got a spitfire, without clogging up the addvance section, it rocks.
              I'll still be having a blast on the addvance

Comment

Good buddy!!!! enjoy a keep us posted!!!maybe some pics?

Comment

What size Spitfire did you buy?

Comment

yeah Dominator might be my choice. In my opinion its a slightly easier board to surf and has great versatility....

Comment

Working...
                    X