X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fin advice for 7'6" addvance

I am 6'2" and 220lbs...any advice for fin options for 7'6" addvance? i prefer futures fins, Thruster or Quads? And which?

i use the SA quads, also switch the rears w the SF quads. thats a big board. the "Pink Cadillac" of Firewires. if Elvis surfed, he'd b on that board

Comment

yeah the Mayhem MB 5-fin set is a great one for bigger surfers too and it gives you the thruster quad option as well....

cheers

Comment

FokaiHI: so the Simon Anderson fronts? And what are the "SF's" for the rears if i do quads?

Chris: i only notice the AM2 and Rustys in the 5 fin setup on the futures website. I also read good reviews abt the Rustys and Panchos thrusters for this board. You think the 5 fin would be better for me?

And if this board is like a caddillac, i am going to love it

Comment

And i surf in the northeast, so the waves arent great very often. And im trying to transition down from longboards so im thinking 706 addvance is the board for me

Comment

Yeah they are all really solid fins. Its kind of a tough thing to pick the right one without knowing how you surf etc, but those are great options. The Panchos especially have great feedback.

Its just takes getting out on a set, trying them and going from there. 1 Year into owning the board you are totally going to be trying other fins as you refine your seufing and learn the board.

Cheers!

Comment

And i play baseball during the year and am only home after the season, so i dont get to surf as much as i would like. I have surfed longboards my whole life but want to venture down shorter so this Addvance board sounds perfect to me. My surfing is very average with not much experience on shorter boards. So any of those thrusters or MB 5 fin setup would be okay huh?

Comment

What abt the Rusty 5 fin setup? U think those are a vaild option as well? I have read good reviews abt them as well. I know i need to try them out, just hoping to get a head start without trying them out

Comment

u shud probably go smaller than a 7'6 if u havent bought the board yet. i ride a 6'10 and its huge. i easily paddle w the big boards in the line up. the 6'10 is 1/2" wider and 3/8"+ thicker than most longboards. the 7'6 wud probably compare to a fat 9'6 or 10' longboard. btw, i also have the Panchos. i luv those fins. the SF r the Stretch fins. i lost a fin from my SA's and inserted the SF rears, works pretty well.

Comment

also, i havent used a 5 fin setup, but the ADD's design has a really controlled looseness so i wudnt b sure what a 5 finner wud do.

Comment

It's just a 3/4 set, not a true 5 finner like Greg Griffin's designs.

Comment

FokaiHi: thx for the advice, i will either go with the 702 or the 706 addvance as the waves in new england arent always that great, and i dont get to surf as much as i would like. But i think i will go with the Panchos so thanku. Going to the big island this winter, hope i can rent a similar board while im there

Comment

Working...
                        X