X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addvance as a Thruster or Quad ?

I have been switching back and forth between a thruster and a quad set-up for my 7'2" Add.

My experience has been that I do pick up a bit more speed with the quad set up, but I lose some stability and control i gain with the thruster.

I cant' decide which I prefer... Perhaps I should just stick to one set up until I am used to it....

Just wondering what other Addvance riders go with and what they experience on either?

D

i use quads.

Comment

running mine as a quad, has speed to burn in punchy beach breaks, but not so in fuller point waves, just picked up a set of large jordy s so will see how it goes as a thruster

suncoast

Comment

a few of the guys in the US office who ride them love the board as a thruster, just with bigger fins...

Comment

i ran mine w/ Panchos and stretch rears today. lots of drive. i might run that on all my boards, but these look pretty sic.Attachment
          Attached Files

Comment

fokaiHI, those fins are sick!! Which fins are those? btw, how's your board handling the Righthand drops?

ALOHA!!

Comment

Kinetic Racing Dusty Payne by the looks.

Comment

the board is awesome, but this guy felt like he cud just drop in on me twice, so i went and busted out the ADD. after that, all day surf. going back this morn.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                  a few of the guys in the US office who ride them love the board as a thruster, just with bigger fins...
                  Any insight on what they run in smaller mush? I have the rusty 5 fin set and used it as both quad and thruster. A lot more speed and much quicker paddle as a quad but the board really seems to slide out a lot. As a thruster the board paddles much much slower but holds better in waves, even though I seem to still slide out. These fins seem to get stuck on the top with me and I've been contemplating a more upright fin to allow tighter radius turns in smaller surf. I also think that maybe I could use a bigger fin for something to push off of without sliding out. Any input?

Comment

@clockwork... due to the beveled rails, if ur not riding the board off ur back foot it will tend to slide a bit unless u really bury the rail. the Panchos r as big as it gets until u hit controllers or AMTs. keep in mind tho, mine is the 6'10 and it doesnt leave a lot of room to ride in the middle unless the wave permits.

ive used the controllers in small surf and liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                      Kinetic Racing Dusty Payne by the looks.
                      prjwebb, you may be correct. It would also look sick if we took out the DP and put "PRJ" or even "HI BOI" haha.

ALOHA!!

Comment

Originally posted by fokaiHI View Post
                        the board is awesome, but this guy felt like he cud just drop in on me twice, so i went and busted out the ADD. after that, all day surf. going back this morn.
                        fokaiHI, a lot of guys try to drop in on me cuz I'm on my 5'4 that can barely be seen haha. As soon as I catch waves and occasionally spray them...they learn after haha.

Anyways, today was kinda junk...slow and crowded and breaking weird at Cliffs. RightHands looked good though.

ALOHA!!

Comment

Working...
                        X