X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADDVANCE VID THREAD

http://youtu.be/cERIlm6xvHUif u've checked the forum then u know my luv for the ADD. i catch as many waves as longboarders and SUPs and way more than my small boards unless im in a bad mood. this past swell was perfect for the ADD or any of the other boards i used, but the ADD was used everyday of a 10 day swell. doing two a day sessions is rough physically, but the ADD made it all to easy. when asked by the summer crew, "when r u going to bust out the 9'0?", my reply was,"do u want me to get more waves?" this past swell gave me lots of footage, but i'll start w/ this one. btw, AMT's
    Last edited by fokaiHI; 05-29-2013, 08:33 AM.

that was the wrong clip. sorryhttp://youtu.be/bECvrF9OR8s

Comment

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew... fokai enjoying life..!!

Comment

Yo cool vids, been luvin the AMT,s as well, are you running them in a quad setup, or with the trailer? I'm running mine with controller rears, yet to pop the trailer in Suncoast

Comment

i use the trailer. it feels like im riding quads w/ the release of a thruster. i will probably run it like that on all my boards. when i had it w/ rears, i felt it to have lots of drag. i'm thinking about ordering a 6'6 ADD for bowlier waves. i still cant believe how much fun this board is. this particular day, i had 27 clips on my go pro in 2 hrs. i surfed 4 hrs and the waves got better. i was called a lot of nasty names. lol. most by my friends.

Comment

Comment

Nice vids FokaiHI ! Been riding a 6'4 DOM for a few months, but picked up this used 6'6 ADD today. Could not pass on the opportunity!

Comment

• fokaiHI
                fokaiHI commented
                Editing a comment
                good call. as soon as i can find one, its mine. enjoy ur domain.

Hey, I have been surfing for a couple of months and riding an 8ft bz softboard. I am finally ready to graduate to a "real" board. So I did a bunch of research and ended up on a 6'10 addvance that will be arriving tomorrow. The place I ordered it from "threw in" a set of futures composite quads. I really don't think with my skill level, that I should rock quads right out of the gate... so I was hoping for some input. Can anyone suggest the smartest way to go here? set up? sizes? Anything that will help with the transition would be appreciated.

About me.. 5'11 200lbs I literally started surfing 2 months ago but go out everyday that the water will push my fat a$$..haha. I live in NJ so conditions are not very good. But I have fun none the less.

Comment

people have the impression that quads r less stable than thrusters, but in fact they have greater hold and speed. now tein fins r a whole different story.

@3rd, ur about my size and i've been using the Panchos as my go to thruster set up. especially due to the high volume of the 6'10, i wudnt go any smaller than a large set. the only draw back is that on smaller surf there's a bit more drag, but at ur skill level, all of this might not b a factor.

Comment

Hey fokaiHI, your posts actually played a role in my decision. Thanks for that!

I'm not sure what "tein" fins are? But your saying that quads don't lose stability? I Suppose I should try both ways and see what I feel best with. I will take your suggestion on the large ponchos. What do you suggest for quads?

Comment

• fokaiHI
                    fokaiHI commented
                    Editing a comment
                    i must have meant twin fins. the AMT's to b specific. super loose, but got enough hold on slopier waves.i normally use the panchos front w any quad set rears. i was expecting to use the MB5 set a few weeks back, but super flatness has prevailed. i shud b able to give them a test tomorrow as a thruster set. im glad it helped, thats what the forum is for.

ADD luv, only those who ride it, know the feeling.

I got the board today! pumped! but of course it's flat. haha. I can't wait to try it. I'm gonna have to order the ponchos. I have 3 surf shops w/ in 10 mins of my house and they all had almost nothing. It came with f6 quads? I can't find them on the futures website so I don't know too much about them except for 1 website i found that says "for all surfers in all conditions". I'm gonna have to use them for now. Have you tried the controller or rasta quads?

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdperson View Post
                    I got the board today! pumped! but of course it's flat. haha. I can't wait to try it. I'm gonna have to order the ponchos. I have 3 surf shops w/ in 10 mins of my house and they all had almost nothing. It came with f6 quads? I can't find them on the futures website so I don't know too much about them except for 1 website i found that says "for all surfers in all conditions". I'm gonna have to use them for now. Have you tried the controller or rasta quads?
                    Completely flat you say. Are you in NSW Australia by any chance?

Comment

I wish!..haha I'm in NJ

Comment

Working...
                      X