X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addvance as a step down from Spitfire

Currently have a 6' potatonator and a 6'4" spitfire. Get on very well with both boards but as my 'home ground' is often more of a mal wave have been thinking about getting a 6'6" Addvance to compete. My fitness is good but find that the paddle power is slowing at 52. Should I even consider the 6'10" , although volume wise that gets a bit extreme . I am 6'1" but only 75 kg.

if youre on a pnator and a spitfire at the moment, would you rather keep it a similar feel? I'd be looking at a 504 - 506 Baked or sweet potato... they are designed for Mal style waves, and still let you rip it up..

if you're set on the ADDvance (which isn't a bad option), i think the 610 would be ok for you. 606 would be better, and will still paddle really well. Perhaps even see if you can find one of the firewire moon tail mini mals...

Comment

6'6" will more than suffice but I see it as a step up and not down considering the boards and volumes you currently have.

Comment

Have considered the BP , thinking along the lines that the Addvance might keep the wave count higher. Both boards get good reviews on the forum.

Comment

aahhh!!!! another thread for me to rave about the ADD. i have the 6'10 and will paddle out on just about any wave w it. the difference is that the way its placed the volume and the swallow tail is a superbly designed board. i.e., my 5'7 BP and 5'9 BP r completely different for me. one works, and one doesn't. the same cud b said about the ADD, but at 6'6 or 6'10 or less (please make a 6'2 Firewire) r really nice rides. this is my trusty 6'10 w quad set up. i also use the AMT robbers http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/f/...ch?filedataid=

Comment

Just depends on your surfing style. If you want to have paddle power and be skateboarding on the water and executing quick, fast turns, then BP all the way. If you'd rather have even more paddle power and cruise down the line in a more casual manner, then definitely go for the Addvance.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Feel that the BP and the Potatonator probably overlap too much and the Add would still be good for the bigger days as well.
              Last edited by Bigblackdog; 08-15-2013, 10:53 PM.

Comment

these r pretty much the two board quiver i use from Firewire. as Josh said, the BP for blazing and the ADD for everything else. other than that, i dont use any other firewires. even if i still had my VG, it wud b hard to use over these two

Comment

it's hard to beat the BP!

ALOHA!!

Comment

• fokaiHI
                    fokaiHI commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Brah. to be honest, unless u've tried the ADD, u will never know the ride. it doesnt ride like a longboard or a shortboard. its just super fun in critical 4'-6'+ and casual 2'+.

• hawaii_boi
                    hawaii_boi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    fokaiHI, you're right. but i do know there is no wave i can duck dive a board over 3 inch thick haha. in anycase i think we can both agree Firewire has a lot of great boards to have fun with.

ALOHA!!

fokaiHI , I can see you have a lot of love for the Addvance. I want it to replace a 6'10 surftech soul fish, and it sounds like it will be perfect. But I can see the need for a 5'7 BP as well.

Comment

It also depends if you want your new board to replace your current board (ride similarly, but improved), or be a change from your current board (different ride, but still super fun).

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Bigblackdog
                      I have a spit and am considering a PN. do they complement eachother or overlap too much? want the PN for small waves up to chest high then take out the SF for bigger. When do you use these boards?

Comment

Marklids, for me they work very well together. The PN is great up to shoulder high but after that I find take offs to be fairly sketchy. The Spitfire is great with a bit more size and power. The Potatonator is a lot of fun, I would also look at the Baked Potato as that would have a little less overlap with the Spitfire. I am looking at the Addvance for the larger fat days that we get.

Comment

After a lot of procrastination have ordered the 6'6" Addvance (as a step up board) Look forward to getting it in he water. Will report back

Comment

Originally posted by Bigblackdog View Post
                            After a lot of procrastination have ordered the 6'6" Addvance (as a step up board) Look forward to getting it in he water. Will report back
                            Any update? I just ordered a 6.6 too after riding a 6.10 addvance for the past couple of months! so stoked on the board. worked good on small and tall waves

Comment

Working...
                            X