X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 10 addvance

Hi I've posted on potatonator forum have decided on 6 10 addvance but you can see met a few people who weren't too keen on firewire quality. Has anyone had any issues with quality? Anyone got any feedback on 6 10 interested on how they go on different waves. Thanks

no issues with quality. as with anything, you will always find a few people that are unhappy. Generally they are people that don't take propper care of their stuff. At the end of the day they are surfboards, they are not bullet proof, and definitely not ding proof. However, they are more resistant to dings than your standard board on the rack.

WIth Rapid Fire, the bottom and rails are pretty much on par with a standard sort of board, but the deck itself is extremely ding resistant. Main things are check your board for dings regularly. If you find a crack in the glass sand it back, and repair using an epoxy resin like solarez. Make sure your leash loop isnt too long, this is a major thing with pulling a hole through the tail on any board. The main thing with Firewires, is no matter how old it gets it will always have the same "pop" of a new board. My creased and repaired spitfire still surfs like new. I've dinged it plenty of times, but always dry it out and repair it properly. If I had a standard PU board, I would have gone through about 4 by now. Normally 1 per year, firewires will last you 3-4 years easily if you look after them.

In terms of the Addvance, I haven't ridden one. But to my understanding they go in pretty much anything from knee high to overhead. Paddle very easily, the only down side is if surfing beach breaks it can be hard to duck dive, but on points and reefs it will be easy as.

Comment

I have an 6' 10" Addvance, it's an amazing board, I came down from a 7' 6" Mini Mal and it's a different world, catch more waves and once i'm up it turns great.

Mine has a few dings but nothing major, and certainly no worse than a standard board.

Go for it, I doubt you'll regret it.

I brought mine 2nd hand, but if I had the choice now I'd go 6' 6", these boards pack ALOT of volume. I'm 80kgs 40 years old and not a great surfer at all.

Best of luck.

Comment

No issues here after thousands of hours on different models

Comment

hi all just been speaking to a guy whilst out surfing who reckons the advance is a Learners board and should look at spit fire , dominator or others completely confused now ant thoughts.?

Comment

• cuttlefish
            cuttlefish commented
            Editing a comment
            Pffft!
            Check out where the original design for the Addvance came from.
            Vance Burrows (Taj Burrows father) was riding one and so impressed Nev with his surfing on it that a new Firewire model was made.
            Ian Cairns (member of the Bronzed Aussies from back in the day and big wave charger) rides a 6'10".
            I've seen a few older local crew (myself included) getting set waves and surfing them well on Addvances.
            Like taking candy from a baby on the Addvance.
            Other surfers will always try to talk you into low volumed boards and then they can own your arse.
            Get an Addvance and make fight over the scraps you don't want I say!

How long have you been surfing/ how big of waves are you planning to surf? As far as quality goes, the strength, longevity, and lightness of FWs is unparalleled. I used to ride only PUs...once I surfed one Firewire I never went back to my PUs. It is truly amazing how light and strong they are - can't emphasize that enough.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Regarding the addvance 6 10 I'm not sure it's the right board. Surfing small to overhead beach breaks. UK. I have surfed for 20 years although older 46 and fatter 100kg I want more volume around 50L. I don't want a learner fun board which I think this maybe any other suggestions. Thanks

Comment

You could get a unibrow with high volume. That could work.

Comment

If you're leaning away from the Addvance, you might want to look at the Dominator. The Dominator has been one of Firewire's best-selling boards for years because of its user-friendliness and diverse wave range for which you can surf it.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Working...
                X