Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Addvance 6'10 v Potatonator 6'8 or Dominator 6'10 might come down to a coin toss Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addvance 6'10 v Potatonator 6'8 or Dominator 6'10 might come down to a coin toss

New to Firewire surfboards!

40years old been surfing since the age of 15. I will go out in almost any conditions as I believe even catching one wave is better than none. (weak knee high to powerful over head.)

I normally surf a 9'2ft longboard but with my feet at the back of the board in an aggressive style. Earlier this year I got a Meyerhoffer 7'4 Lemondrop (53lt Vol) which I loved straight away, super fast, paddles easy and could turn on a dime but as of late feels a little sluggish with no pop off a bottom as it once did.

So now I'm stuck between the above mentioned boards.

6'3ft 95kgs average fitness novice to intermediate ability.

Cheers

610 addvance for sure.

Comment

You didn't mention your weight, but I'd say 6' 10" Addvance too, it's an amazing board. Either that or the Dom.

Comment

• justo
        justo commented
        Editing a comment
        6'3" and 95 kegs

Thanks for the replies I'm pretty sure I'm after the 6'10 addvance. Is there any definition on the whole beginner, intermediate experience thing? Cheers afain

Comment

I ride the 6' 10" at 80kg, I could ride the 6' 6" for sure.

Not sure about the definition of a beginner / intermediate.

You've been surfing a long time (i'm a beginner).

I'd say that if you want to push yourself get a Dom, if you want a safer option get the Addvance.

Comment

Just another note (not from experience but from reading here)

The Addvance is a really high volume board and designed to be ridden at high volumes.

Whereas the with Dominator it's really designed to be ridden at the *correct* volume, so if you go the Dominator route you want to get the sizing right. I'd say a 6' 10" Dominator sounds huge in this respect.

Comment

What did you go for? :)

Comment

Working...
            X