Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advance or Dom?????

First time poster, so be gentle.

Wanting to buy my first FireWire for a trip to Bali in mid April. I'm 42, 90 kilos, 6'2" tAll. I try and surf once or twice a week, I am a novice slightly towards intermediate. I have a 7'4" mini mal that I love surfing and get out on a 6'6" 7S occasionally but wave count much better on the mini mal. Thinking the 610 Addvance or Dom but can't decide which would be best.

Would appreciate your feedback as I want this to be my go to board.

Cheers

Matt

I think for someone in your position and as an all rounder the Addvance is a great pick. Plenty of volume, forgiving rocker and plenty of scope to progress your surfing on.

Comment

Yep, Addvance @ 6'6" or (more likely) 6'10".

Comment

Agreed there, the Addvance is the board for ya buddy!

Comment

Thanks guys much appreciated, will go on the hunt for a 610 Addvance and see if anyone in Perth has it available.

Any hints on fins that would suit me?

Comment

I ride the Addvance 7'2" with Solus fins. Simply put - Unreal!

Comment

Blackstix EA's (thruster) work great too.
              Not keen on the glass flex ones as they load up then flex back and it can be unpredictable in larger waves.
              The 6'10" will motor you around the lineup when paddling and handle all the drops well and give you speed to burn.
              You'll have a ball on it.

Comment

great stuff folks!

Comment

Thanks heaps crew, have ordered a new 610 and still looking at fins. will decide when board arrives and I know whether it is FCS or futures.

Not one retailer in Perth Western Australia has one in stock, very popular board here. Spewing I can't get my hands on it earlier.

Thanks for all your advice.

Comment

Cheers Matty!!

Comment

let us know how it goes!

Cheers!

Comment

Me again guys to be a pain in the butt, ordering fins for my new advance 610 that is due any day now. Considering the stretch five fin set to give me the option of thrust and quad. I'm about 90kg and beginner to intermediate, any opinions on this fin selection?

http://www.naturalnecessity.com.au/s...15153_zoom.jpg

Comment

Hey Matty, I dont like the ADDvance as a quad, I think the tail is a bit narrow. Bigger fins will give you more drive, I am using JC 1's at the moment as I found them in a bargain bin.

Comment

yeah good stuff STC...

Comment

Working...
                            X