X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6'6" Addvance vs 6'10" Addvance

I know this topic has been covered a few times but all were a bit different from my situation so at the risk of being lightly redundant here we go. I have been surfing for a year and a half since I moved to San Diego. My first real board after a foamie was the 7'6" addvance which has increased my skill unbelievably in the 8 months I've owned it. I surfed every day there were waves all summer and most of the winter. I can catch any wave just about and top or bottom turn but after that all I can really do is long sweeping turns or very round turns. Now I'm looking for more maneuverability so I'm thinking about dropping down in length to the 6'10 or the 6'6" addvance. I'm 27 6ft tall and weigh between 195 and 205 depending on the day. I guess my question is will the 6'10 be a large enough drop in size to tell difference do tighter turns? Will the 6'6 one be too drastic of a stability or volume drop or paddle super slow like a traditional short board?

I think instead of another addvance, look at either a 600 or 602 dominator. It will improve your surfing beyond belief, and you will have the addvance to fall back on if the waves are crap.

Comment

Found a 604 Dom in my area on craigslist, think that's too much volume? I also found a 606 I can demo before I look to buy. Do you think the 606 would be to big to give me a good feel of Dom performance?

Comment

Come on guys i know you all have a wealth of knowledge you could share, i have learned tons by reading the forums but i would love some direct feedback on my purchase, give me something I'm looking to pull the trigger ASAP and all 3 boards 610 addvance, 606 addvance and 604 dom are up for sale in my area.

Comment

I would get the 6'4" dominator if I were you. I went from a 7'2" advance shape board to 6'4" spitfire (Dom with a different tail) and couldn't have been happier. Same weight as you

Comment

if you are keeping the 7'6 ADD i would def go for a different model and the SPIT sounds good but not sure what size would be right for you. I ride a 6'6 ADD and think it would work great for someone your size as well as paddle VERY well with plenty of stability. There is A TON of volume in the 6'6 ADD. The 6'6 is fun and would be a good all-rounder for your next step but if you're after a challenge and extra mobility I'd go SPIT. If yore selling the 7'6 the decision may be a bit tougher - I would think a correct volume SPIT wont catch waves like the 7'6 ADD so you may need a beater funboard or longboard for the truly small/gutless days if your break is crowded.

Comment

Hey guys wanted to come back say thanks and give an update. I bought a 610 addvance and a 604 spitfire. Makes my quiver 706 addvance 610 addvance 604 spitfire and 601 baked potato. I have been riding the addvance and it's a blast in 610 catches almost as well as the 706. It's super stable and floaty but I can get some pretty decent turns in too. Been riding it with jc1 tech flex fronts and 400 quad rears, I ride my 706 with controllers. Any thoughts as to fins? Haven't had a good day to take out the spit yet but I've got it chillin with solus fins read to go. Curious to hear any other fin suggestions for the spit too. Stretch quads, rastas, SA's, solus fronts with controller rears? Super stoked Thx again :)

Comment

Working...
              X