Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not too difficult....3 litreage more volume in the addvance (stupid spell check...curse you).
    The advances nose rocker will handle steeper drops and not catch coming back down in the trough of a wave on re-entries.
    The tail is narrower and has more curve from the wide point to the tail.
    This means it will turn quicker and hold in better.
    The soul fishes forte will be a cruiser ride with good planing speed over flat and/or fat waves.
    Back to litreage you will find the addvance has similar floatation but may have to work a bit harder to get into waves because of it's lower surface area and rocker and shorter length.
    So far so good?
    BTW the addvance does vertical (I do mean vertical) re-entries with absolute ease

Comment

Cuttlefish. You deserve a forum award of some sort for such an in-depth answer. Thanks very much. Once again I am amazed at the standard of answers and the level patience coming from all the folk here on the forum. Now I only have to decide between a Dom or an Addvance. Haha. It is not a problem you could complain about.
      Last edited by terry; 04-13-2012, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Fyi nev rides a 6'6" addvance and is similar age/weight.
        Have a look at the old firewire forum and find the thread about the addvance and the firefly by nev.
        May Help the decision process.

Comment

Thanks again cuttlefish That actually does help. It has been suggestedby JaM71 that I ask you about potatonators. These were not really on my shopping list, but how are these boards compared with the Addvance or Dom in replacing the Soulfish?
          Last edited by terry; 04-13-2012, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Read the "Small wave assisinator" thread on the potatonator section and that should help.
            The addvance would be the replacement closest to the soulfish for it's glide factor and it will be a forgiving ride compared to the potatonator which is, more like the dominator, aimed more for "in the pocket surfing" for average surfers (non-pro - don't get your egos all bruised).
            The addvance will as I said suprise you with how hard it can be turned but it doesn't need to live in the curl.

Comment

Sounds like the way to go cuttlefish. Now I suppose the 606 is more my size than the 610. I feel better already.

Comment

Originally posted by STC67 View Post
                Definitely 6'6.
                You think 6'6" is the way to go STC67?

Comment

Can you duckdive with the 6'6 or does the buoyancy get in the way?

Comment

modified duck dive....that's always the sacrifice of increasing float.

Comment

Originally posted by spyker06 View Post
                      Can you duckdive with the 6'6 or does the buoyancy get in the way?
                      It does get in the way but the amount of waves you get makes you forget everything else!!!

Comment

Originally posted by terry View Post
                        Sounds like the way to go cuttlefish. Now I suppose the 606 is more my size than the 610. I feel better already.
                        Yeah 6'6. I am 95kg and would be happy to downsize my ADDvance from 7'2 to '6'10 looking for a bit more performance. I can duck dive my 7'2 but need to be careful of timing.

Go for it. You will be stoked

Comment

Already organising demos. Can't wait. Thanks again.
                          ps. Have you gone off the Activator idea?

Comment

Yeah I'll make it work, not a big deal. Excited to get my 6'6! Thank you to Firewire for making this board. Addvance, not just for old guys... hehehe

Comment

No not really, I'm going to check out boards on Friday. It's just I have so much faith in the ADDvance shape the I am having trouble getting away from it. I am going to PNG later this year and want to take 2 boards otherwise I would be staying with the 7'2 ADDvance. Very nearly bought a 6'5 El Fuego but I think I am too heavy for it.

Comment

Good luck with the board choice. It is a fun activity.

Comment

Working...
                                X