X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by terry View Post
    This may be completely dumb and not really something anyone here can answer, but I wonder how much difference there is between a 606 Addvance and my 610 Surftech Soulfish. Both are wide in the chest area, have a pulled in nose and narrowish tail. If anyone can shed some light, then thanks.
    http://surf.surftech.com/featured-bo...ite-soul-fish/
    So is the Soulfish more like an El Fuego?

Comment

Not quite
      You'll find the El Fuego way more maneuverable an performant
      Attachment
      Attachment

The soulfish will be more like a cruiser drawing straighter lines
      Attached Files

Comment

Attachment This is my Soulfish. Would it have the same characteristics?

Thanks again
        Attached Files

Comment

I have ridden the 6'10 soul fish a lot, My daughter rides it now, plus have ridden most of the FireWire models but not the advance. The soul fish is actually a good board, its refined rails make it nice to carve for such a big board and it's mainly the surf tech stiffness that holds it back. Its low rocker starts topping out in steep or bigger surf too. I actually think the activator will be the closest to it in feel as it looks as though it also has nice refined rails, plus has that nice pulled in swallow tail like the soul fish. So at the same volume paddling should be similar but on the wave it will be WAY better with more rocker, Nevs magic and the FireWire flex. You may feel 10 years younger! The advance is a much thicker, blockier board, with quite different volume distribution, hence being able to go smaller and get the same volume, so will have quite a different feel But hey, I haven't ridden one!

Comment

Thanks for that info magnet. Great advice.

Comment

Originally posted by terry View Post
              Attachment This is my Soulfish. Would it have the same characteristics?

Thanks again
              Look how much straighter the outline is from the middle down to the tail on the soulfish, that's gonna make the board being a bit more cruisy and go straighter down the line than the EF. The flex characteristics of the FW tech will also allow the EF to feel more lively for sure
              Attached Files

Comment

Ok. That all makes good sense. Thanks again.

Comment

cheers all. great feedback and advice. thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by Magnet View Post
                    I have ridden the 6'10 soul fish a lot, My daughter rides it now, plus have ridden most of the FireWire models but not the advance. The soul fish is actually a good board, its refined rails make it nice to carve for such a big board and it's mainly the surf tech stiffness that holds it back. Its low rocker starts topping out in steep or bigger surf too. I actually think the activator will be the closest to it in feel as it looks as though it also has nice refined rails, plus has that nice pulled in swallow tail like the soul fish. So at the same volume paddling should be similar but on the wave it will be WAY better with more rocker, Nevs magic and the FireWire flex. You may feel 10 years younger! The advance is a much thicker, blockier board, with quite different volume distribution, hence being able to go smaller and get the same volume, so will have quite a different feel But hey, I haven't ridden one!
                    Yeah, thats it. Gonna get one of these Activators. Can't wait to hear some actual reports on them, but they sound like what I am after.10 years younger is good value I think.

Comment

High performance dominator. A bit more sensitivity in steeper/faster surf. Super fun though and still paddles like a hybrid. A champ of a board!

Comment

Working...
                      X