X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dominator vs Addvance

how is the surf different from a 6'6 dominator vs a 6'6 addvance?

depending on your size, you'd be looking to ride the dominator much shorter than the addvance. the addvance is a board designed to be ridden at a much higher volume whereas the dominator is designed to be ridden at a similar volume to your normal shortboard.

an much larger dominator would be difficult to turn and harder to control compared to the addvance which is designed to be ridden in that size.

Comment

As PRJ said, the Dominator will be a more maneuverable board at the right length. he Dom at higher volumes will be too clunky and hard to turn due to its outline and tail.
      What are you looking after and what are the conditions you'll be surfing the board onto?

Comment

i will be surfing 2-5ft waves, beach break. but i was able to demo a 6'0 dominator. Fantabulous board! super fun! thanks for the explanation guys . you guys are super knowledgeable!

what thruster fcs fin would u recommend for the 6'0 dominator? thanks

Comment

I always like the Dom as a quad personally.
          Maybe try the GAM set?

Comment

I ride Simon Anderson Large thruster set in my Dom, they go really good.

Comment

Danga- Which Simon Anderson? Performance core or glass? i never bought fins before. so this is new to me. Thanks!

Prjwebb- Quad fin is too fast, n skatey for me to pop up. Which GAM set are you talking about? Performance core or glass?

i ned something that is less skatey n more drive. trying to perfect my bottom turn on the 6'0 Dominator

Comment

Perfomance core is lighter and stiffer, the composite glass flex ones have a little more flex, weigh a little more but are far cheaper.

You'll probably get more driver from a PC set, but if you're not exactly sure about which set you're buying it could be worth getting the composite glass flex ones first and if you get on well with them then upgrade to the PC material.

Both the GAM and the Simon Anderson sets will offer plenty of drive. I think the Simon's could be a good pick for what you want.

Comment

Prjwebb- i think the Simon's would be good too. cant decide with set to get. which Simon's ? SA-1, SA-2? Large, medium?

Comment

I'd go with the Large set. I'm too familiar with the different templates. I have the large S25s.

Comment

sweet! im so stoked! i m gonna go get me some Simon Anderson SA-1 Large Thrusters!!!

btw im 180lbs , 5'9

Thanks!

Comment

Mine are Performance core S25 large.

Comment

Should i go for the Simon Anderson SA-1 large or the SA-2 Large Thruster?

Comment

The smaller of the two would be better...I believe that's the SA1s....

Thanks for all the words everyone.

Cheers

Comment

This question goes to everyone.

How many times a week do you all surf?

Comment

Working...
                              X