X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addvance in WhiteRapidfire construction

Im in the market for a 72 Addvance and not sure if I should wait for availability in the Whiterapidfire technology.

Can anybody tell me if the Addvance board is available in Whiterapidfire construction in the USA?

Can anybody tell me the pros / cons (is one lighter more durable, etc.) regarding regular Rapidfire construction versus Whiterapidfire construction?

Thanks.

Do you mean white FST? I don't think they make an ADDvance in FST as the balsa rails on such a chunky board would be all wrong. I have had a 702 ADDvance in Rapidfire construction. They are very strong and durable. It is a great board

Comment

There's a new construction that's just been unveiled. RF with a white PVC and VOC free composite deck skin instead of the bamboo.

There hasn't been any real info as to whether all boards will be available in that construction, whether it's a limited run or whether they can be special ordered.
      Hopefully Chris can chime in with more info soon!

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
        There's a new construction that's just been unveiled. RF with a white PVC and VOC free composite deck skin instead of the bamboo.

There hasn't been any real info as to whether all boards will be available in that construction, whether it's a limited run or whether they can be special ordered.
        Hopefully Chris can chime in with more info soon!
        All right we need some pics to see that beauty!!

Comment

http://instagram.com/p/MhLvBaKQAQ/

White RF Dom and HellRazor there

http://instagram.com/p/MYtBOGqQN-/

WRF Potato

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
            Closeup?????.Need to see it in detail!!

Comment

So is it stronger than the normall rapidfire construction?

Comment

You'll have to hassle Chris for that, I'm just linking his photos!

Here's a nice one though

Attachment
                Attached Files

Comment

Crossfire!!

Comment

Hey Guys,

White rapidfire, same deal as the bamboo counterpart, but the bamboo sheet has been substituted out for a white PVC-free VOC-free composite. Pretty cool, environmentally responsive stuff with a great twang and lively flex. The major objective with white rapidfire was to offer a different aesthetic without changing the performance or durability.

I have a bunch of them now and love them. Can't wait to get me a white Dominator...

So what does this mean? Right now limited availability in the following models: Alternator, Hellrazor, Dominator, Spitfire, Hellfire and Sweet Potato. That line will absolutely grow, but this is where we are starting!

The Addvance won't be offered in that tech to start, but that certainly doesn't mean it never will...

Pass along any more questions you have!

Comment

Also check this:

http://surf.transworld.net/100014895...re-technology/
                      http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/te...d=tech#tech06b

Comment

I'll echo 2ftandjunky's question Chris.
                        Any more durable than rf?
                        I know you've said "to offer a different asthetic without changing the performance and durability" above but I'm hoping for a deck less prone to heel denting and pressure dents on the bottom than the usual rf construction.
                        My interest are focused on the Baked potato atm.

Comment

Seen a few posts about people having their white rapidfires snap when duck diving. Dont get me wrong I love Firewires but I'm wondering as this is the first batch of white rapidfires, is there some more development to be done to get it right? Could Chris (well informed leg end) or anyone else let us know how durable the white rapidfire is in their experience? Bamboo vs man made materials, tensile strength I imagine will vary between the two despite them being closely linked performance wise. I have just ordered a Potatonator and prefer the look of the white rapidfire however I am concerned about possible durability issues. So White rapidfire vs rapidfire? I know it might be like asking who's your favourite child lol! But new boards don't come cheap :)

Comment

Originally posted by paulnunn View Post
                            Seen a few posts about people having their white rapidfires snap when duck diving. Dont get me wrong I love Firewires but I'm wondering as this is the first batch of white rapidfires, is there some more development to be done to get it right? Could Chris (well informed leg end) or anyone else let us know how durable the white rapidfire is in their experience? Bamboo vs man made materials, tensile strength I imagine will vary between the two despite them being closely linked performance wise. I have just ordered a Potatonator and prefer the look of the white rapidfire however I am concerned about possible durability issues. So White rapidfire vs rapidfire? I know it might be like asking who's your favourite child lol! But new boards don't come cheap :)
                            Second that. Just about to order a 6'6 in White RF and concerned about it being a new tech. Might just go for the bamboo and also save 8 weeks wait time.

Comment

White seems better to me so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X