Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternator to add to my quiver?

Aloha everyone,
    47 years young, now down to around 208 lbs. Looking for another board to add to the quiver. Have my old faithful 6 4 RF Dominator and an FST 6 6 Hellfire. Been thinking about getting a 6 8 ALternator. Just wondering if the Hellfire and Alternator would be too much of an overlap? Would be using the ALternator for the overhead to double overhead good surf. Any thoughts?

I love that board in overhead to double overhead. I can't say how it would go compared to a Hellfire though.

Comment

the alternator draws a little bit more crispy of a line. to me the hellfire has that pivoty hybrid feeling and is easy to hook and do little snaps in a short/small pocket. it has a little more overall curve and a deep double concave which accentuates this sensations.

The alternator feels more like a traditional shortboard, has a mellow single concave but give you the reliable hold and power of a shortboard. if you are feeling like you are lacking a little bit of performance, drive or reliability off the bottom on the better days, then i think the alternator definitely has a spot in your quiver...

Comment

Thanks Chris, that's kind of the answer I was looking for. Love my Hellfire and it can handle some good juicy waves, but I would like a more short board feel. Just saw the new Artillery boards being released. Kind of bummed that there's not much selection, was hoping for more big guy friendly dimensions!!

Comment

Just picked up a 6'4" Alternator! 200- with PC-5 fins! Can's wait to try it.

Comment

Awesome Hwork50, let us know how the board goes!!!

Comment

Oh I will!

I have a pretty good quiver of boards now as I was on a 2 year plan to get them and now it is time to get them all dialed in fin wise. I am close but get tempted by all the new boards. Too bad I don't have a money tree!

Comment

Sounds like you have a good quiver going hwork50. Looking at getting a couple boards for the winter. Still on the fence about the Alternator. No doubt its a great board, but may be going the custom route to get a more step up type board for the Hawaiian winter which is starting off with some great waves!!

Comment

Yeah I wish I was in Hawaii as the waves are so much better! Thanks for the compliments as I have been working on it for about 2 years to get it where I want it to be. I think I am almost there. Now I just need a bunch of time to surf my brains out.

Comment

Working...
                  X