Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piha or someone similar size to me, What fins do you like on your Alternator and sub scorcher? aloha, gkekoa

Comment

Secondhand back up board for larger surf, Fiji etc. Only surfed it twice but I always go for uncomplicated large fins that don't let go easily, PC 7's etc.

Comment

Shucks I ride future fins . Does anyone know what would be good. By da way I got rid of my HF cuz I didn't like the way it turned, I prefer a snappier squash like sub or Alt. aloha, gkekoa

Comment

Aloha gkekoa,
          Dont have an Alternator yet, but do have a HF. Been using the Simon Fins and really like them. Try check out surf shops that have a fin tree from Futures where you can borrow fins and try them out.

Comment

try simons, pancho's, maybe am2's if you like it a bit stiffer/ more drawn out.... play with smaller back fin if getting locked up... most days tho, the jc's will go great

Comment

Hey Gkekoa, you know Tony Moniz? I surfed with him in NZ and also Sunset and Diamond Head in early 90's, real gentleman, and phenomenal surfer! Good bro in the Lord as well.

Comment

gkekoa:

I am a futures fan! they have tons of good fins/foils. The Simon Andersons are very "holdy" great for heavy stuff I have them and the Pancho Sulli for Indo/Fiji DOH swells. For a really responsive ride you cannot beat the AM2 five fin set or the Jordy Thruster set up. Those fins are very similar so if you've got a quad get the AM2 5 fin. The Solus are sweetest Thruster set up, you'll dig the response!

Comment

Working...
                X