X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's replacing the Alternator?

I love the 6'8" alternator. what is going to replace it as a user-friendly high performance board?

i would love to see the alternator a little more contemporary looking. my 6'8" looks very long and skinny compared to most boards i see. i would love it a 2" shorter version with the same float. maybe a little wider with a stubbier nose? but same tail, foil and rails. could that be a good custom? i'm afraid to mess with it cuz i actually like the way it surfs i just wonder if i'm missing out since everyone else's board is a fatter stubbier shape. that said i've tried the spit and don't like it and i like the hellfire ok but not as much as my alt.

I've tweaked a couple of Alternators in the CBD to be 2" shorter with a wider centre point and a stubbier nose and they look really fun! I'd go for it if I were you.
    I was a little bit worried about tweaking a board with the CBD and it not working as well as a stock version but my 6'0" stubbier Taj is the best board I've ever had. I think with the restrictions that are implemented on the CBD you can't alter a board enough to ruin the way it rides but you can tweak it enough to suit your needs adequately.

As far as stock boards, I'd say the Hellrazor has taken the Alternators spot.

Comment

thanks pro. is the hell raiser as user friendly?

i don't know what it is about the alt that i like. it just always feels right.

Comment

I'm an past 6,8 alt rider, now ride the 6'6 as everday shorty. Easier wave catching, looser, more fun, forgiving, love it. In serious reef waves I like the 6'7 hellrazor.

Comment

I'm a past 6,8 alt rider, now ride the 6'6 jacknife as everday shorty. Easier wave catching, looser, more fun, forgiving, love it. In serious reef waves I like the 6'7 hellrazor.

Comment

Working...
          X