X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7'6 Alternator

I'm going to throw this out there for comment.

I surf an 702 ADDvance and a sweet potato and occasionally a HP longboard. I love em all but also looking for a better wave board and one to take to Indo (the ADDvance will be the first board packed), I think it needs to be bit narrower than the ADDvance but still have plenty of volume. i have had the hellfire recommended but a bit worried it is too bigger drop in volume for my worn out 95kgs. What about a 706 Alternator?

I surf with a guy who has a 702 Alternator and would be 65kg wringing wet. He paddles that board easier than I can a longboard, but surfs it like a short board which got me thinking?

yeah i think that is a matter of preference. if you get a big board for your weight, you really want to spend some time getting in tune with your equipment because it can be more difficult to manage a lot of board in good surf. That being said, since you are a bit heavier than the guy, I don't think there is any reason why you couldn't manage a larger board. The Alternator is performance enough that you will be able to make it work for you!!

Comment

Working...
    X