Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longer than that. Next week though!

Comment

So guys I picked up a 5'10 HF to fill my quiver. Came today and it looks sweet, shame it suffered a little crack in the tail in transit but its nothing bad! It has a lot more nose rocker than the SF and a bit more tail rocker, its tail is quite alot thinner and it hides its width well in my opinion. Took a pic of my quiver, I was lazy and couldnt be bothered to take the fins out and put them all back in but you can see the rockers/foils of the 5'8 spit, 5'10 HF and 6'3 flexfire. The spit is alot flatter than the HF, the flexfire looks quite wide in this pic I think its the angle but it is an inch thinner than the HF. Thought theses pics might be of some interest to people who are interested in any of these boards...

Attachment

I think this will pretty much have me covered now for most conditions, a SP would do nicely though ha.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Will.; 05-23-2012, 07:14 AM.

Comment

good stuff will...it'll be all ya ride...!!!....remember to back foot bottom turn and hold on..!!..and try a bigger fin than your flexy...eg, both Nev and I (at 70 and 90 kg's) use in futures jc's in a 602 flexy and simon 3's in 510 HF...raked fins like the large am's work but stiffen it...

Comment

I have the quad set that comes with the board in futures and a honeycomb set of EA's..you tried them? Ill see how they go anyway and if i find I need a bigger fin ill get some more.
          Nice one Core, cannot wait to ride it!

Comment

Nice quiver coming together Will!

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
              Nice quiver coming together Will!
              Yes mate! Iv got the Firewire bug hahaha!

Comment

ea techflex and blackstix.....too small... under-power it...cant really push hard enough....my youngest son (jockey size) uses the ea techflex with a deviant in my HF...i dont like fourfins but the sa4's give me a hoot on my forehand....unbelievable speed and projection and still hack tight....

Comment

Dave, what's a good Futures fin for the MB, no fancy inside foil etc just a standard solid fin for decent waves? Thanks mate!

Comment

Originally posted by core personal training View Post
                    ea techflex and blackstix.....too small... under-power it...cant really push hard enough....my youngest son (jockey size) uses the ea techflex with a deviant in my HF...i dont like fourfins but the sa4's give me a hoot on my forehand....unbelievable speed and projection and still hack tight....
                    Oh well, two sets came with the board so ill try them out and see how they go for me ill probably end up getting some larger ones if I find it not working very good when I got some extra money. Cheers man!

Comment

thats the good thing with modern fins will, you can keep changing til you find a winner..

phill..i think chris's call is the wct...probably a bit small for me and the 602...i'm alternating ea and jc with it...only had a couple of crappy sessions...not even one clean ride... so haven't really sussed em out yet....

Comment

Hey Phil,
                        if you are after a foil free fin, or flat foil on your side bites, i assume its for the best waves you are surfing? If that's the case go after a little extra sweep than the WCTs. I would look at the EA or JC1 in the Honeycomb as well as the AM1s. All are also in fiberglass.... Honeycomb light and ultra stiff, fiberglass heavier and Cadillac flex.

Comment

They are for an all round fin. My mate really doesn't like inside foils in better waves and will probably only be buying the one set as a top of the line Futures set is close to 100 here. I'll pass on the recommendations to him. Thinner MBs should be in mid July so he's got a little time yet.

Comment

i just tried the ea blackstix (which i normally overpower) ... didnt really get a proper wave to test on but they seemed to work with the board better than the flat ea or jc...early days...gotta get some proper test waves...will try the jc blackstix then too...MB uses these with inside foil on his boards so they must work..!!

Comment

yeah core!

Comment

still getting dudded test-wave wise but got one overhead forehand sucky racetrack yesterday that let me run out for a big cutty at speed...fins looped through with speed throughout...inside foil seems to work with the drivey rail line...board rebounded solidly back out of the turn...think they are a bit too flexy for me but we will see..so there is 10 seconds of testing done...now we have a nasty 10ft swell hitting so i (and you guys) are gunna be waiting longer for the full story...aaggghhhhh...

oh, and the 602 mb thin loves dodgy late drops...couple of backhand eyes shut not a chance in hell drops...lands at the bottom and swoops back up and off before eyes open...what a rocker...yyyeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww

Comment

Working...
                                X