X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5'10 Alternator

Can someone clear something up for me...

I'm getting conflicting results for the volume of the 5'10 Alternator - some websites say 25.9 and some 26.9, on the FW site it has the Alt board page saying 25.9 and the CBD page for the stock 5'10 at 26.9. Which is right and which is wrong?

It's the difference of buying or not buying. Thanks.

26.9l

Comment

Thanks prj - after much enthusiasm for the 5'10 stealth i though the rocker might be a little flat as a step up, my other reasoning is owning a 5'6 with 28l float is fine being so short and made to catch small waves but do i really want to ride a 5'10 the same...the more i think about it maybe not.

I'm only 5'9 and 65-68kg (fluctuates with my 125 mile a week commute by bike) but what do you reckon, I've not seen a alternator in person but heard they have quite a bit under the belly and a reasonably full rail. My 5'10 Futura at 26'7 was more than enough float.

Comment

I reckon it'll be a good board. I always fancied the 6'0" myself. It'll probably cover you for 80% of conditions!

Comment

Yeah it will mainly be a Cornwall/Devon board and good days back home (chest to over head type stuff)

Volumes are confusing these days as poly boards just came as a size and if it worked, it worked, ask a shaper 5 years ago what the float was and i imagine you'd get a reply of...err good!

Chris, can you ask your web guys to update the site to show the correct volume. (if possible)

Thanks.

Comment

5'10 Alternator on its way, just gotta wait till Sept.
            Hopefully between this and my beloved 5'6 Spit i should have all my bases covered!

I nearly went for the 5'11 hellrazor but i think the rails, nose and tail are a lot more refined and the rocker is slight more curved.

Comment

I'm still being told the 5'10 Alt is 25.9l? - Hard to know when the FW site says the same...Chris, got one of those near you?

Comment

Im on a HF 5'8 27,2 vol. and try the alt 5'10 which felt like it has much less volume. Still its a sic board :)

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                  I'm still being told the 5'10 Alt is 25.9l? - Hard to know when the FW site says the same...Chris, got one of those near you?
                  The CBD file for the stock 510 is literally the file that cuts the board. I'd take that as accurate.
                  What does the board compare tool have it as?

Comment

Hmm board compare is saying 25.9l.

I've just made up a CBD file with a slight modification to the 510 to get it as close to stock as possible and got 26.97l.

Looking at the dims of the 508, 510 and 600, 25.9l seems like a more logical volume for the 510. Nearly 27l is too close to the 600 considering the board jumps up 2" in length, 0.25" in width and 0.12" is thickness. The 508 to the 510 all that changes in the length so it makes sense that it'd be closer to that than the 600...

That has me more confused to yeah, I'd wait to see what Chris says.

Comment

Its slightly annoying as the 6'0 without doubt has way too much volume for me and I only want a 5'10 really. Think after riding the spit at 28.3 the alt at 25.9 is going to be a bit of hard work. Might have to check out the 5'11 hellrazor or in back to the original plan of the stealth!

Comment

Sorry folks for the delay, but why are you thinking its different than what is online??

Comment

I should say I am also away from the files to confirm...

Comment

CBD says 26.9l everything else says 25.9l Chris. I thought the CBD would be the correcr one but not so sure in this case.

Comment

i just checked one spreadsheet and I believe its 25.9L. I will have a look into why there is a little discrepancy. I believe it is going to be because there was a running change to the stock 510 that modified the volume slightly AFTER the CBD work was already completed for the Alternator. If this is the case, the reason CBD didn't receive the update is because the board is essentially the same and updating such a minor change is incredibly expensive and unnecessary. The CBD platform is about building a custom board anyways so minor running changes are not always reflected in the CBD platform because of the aforementioned reasons.

Hope this helps get things sorted...

Comment

Working...
                              X