X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many litres an old 6'6"?

There's an older model Alt for sale 6'6" x 19.25" x 2.5". Chris or anyone else, can you say how many litres that board is in volume?

Buzzy, did you go on the CBD page - comes up with 36.7 litres for those exact dimensions?

Comment

That would be based on current rail volume, foil, nose and tail widths etc. It's possible the older one is a bit different. I can't imagine it being hugely different though. Probably a little less I'd guess.

Comment

Thanks guys. Yeah, 36.7 is the current model. The old one is half an inch narrower and an 8th of an inch thinner, so should be less volume.

Comment

the old one is a lot more rolled through the deck with a less boxy rail compared to the new one. I have the old 6'10"x20 7/8x2 3/4. I am thinking about selling it to update and I wouldnt mind knowing the volume if anyone is digging through old cad files. The new one seem a lot boxer when I put one under my arm the other day.
          Thanks

Comment

I agree with buzzy. I think you should use 36.7 current model and should be less volume.

Comment

Here's how to measure it yourself:
              1. place 50L water in a large tank (say 7' x 24" x 24")
              2. submerge surfboard completely but only just below surface (otherwise your arms will also displace water)
              3. mark new water level
              4. take surfboard out
              5. add water in measured amounts until water level rises to mark

What's wrong with that! LOL Doesn't everyone have a spare tub of those dimensions?

Comment

• pmorgan
                pmorgan commented
                Editing a comment
                That's a great idea you could easily knock one up using ply wood and tank it out. No fancy cad required.

Hey Buzzy, I believe that one is about 35.8L. High end of 35 I know...

Comment

Thanks Chris!

Comment

While you're at it, I just acquired an Alternator that's 6'0" 18.75" 2.25" bump tail, so it's 1/8" thinner than the current design. Would love to know what the volume is.

Comment

Working...
                  X