X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donger,

If you are thinking SP I am selling one that would be your size for sure. I am 185 lb. 6'3" and the 5'6" SP is plenty of volume. Send me a message if you are interested. It is in perfect condition with a deckpad. ( I am in SC)

Brent

Comment

Thanks hwork50, I'll keep it in mind. Gonna have to get my hands on some demos somehow, to see which of these will work for me. Thanks to everyone who posted help.

Comment

Hi,

BP 5'7 or PN 5'10 for 1-3ft super weak closing out mushy beach break? SF is great in waist high plus but want something for smaller days

Comment

BP 5.7 i think is the right choise because 6.0 spit and 5.10 pn overlap a lot. Also SP 5.8 is a super fun board for 1-3ft super weak closing out mushy beach break and 195 lbs rider and with SP 6.0 you cover all small to medium waves .Good luck.

Comment

Hi i'm brand new on this forum, and looks for advices on a baked potato or a potatonator for small waves (1' to 4' ) mushy with summer onshore winds in France.

I'm 5'11 and 205, my daily driver is a dominator style 6'7 x 21 x2.75 quad that must be around 42 or 43 L.
            That board should make me surf in small gutless mushy surf but be able to do its job in better surf as well.
            Is the potatonator ok or should I go towards a baked potato?
            Last edited by Yvibzh; 01-01-2013, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Hey Yvibzh,
              I would say that if you have a Dominator style board, then the best be would be to go after a potato. That will increase the wave range that you can surf...

Comment

Man I'd do baked at 5'7" or 5'9", HEAPS of float. Its crazy how FW packed soo much into soo little of a space. This has to be some kind of magic trick :)

Comment

I have a 5'6 SP and love it so much, i was looking at the BP for a new addition to my quiver, my mates say whats the point its the same board, just with a different tail, is anyone else rocking both boards and is it really worth going out and spending my cash? Ive had my SP for ages and still froth so hard on it.

Comment

I'd try and demo a BP in the 507 range. If you prefer it to the SP, do a part ex on it, if you prefer the SP at least you'd have satisfied the craving without spending the bucks.

Comment

Demo for sure if you can but I have had both. The SP hands down a super fun board. However (I usually hate this word) it wouldn't stay in the pocket and would do something weird like slip out and almost from under my feet. Imagine slippery in the pocket, not sure how else I can describe it. It would slip any were near the pocket in fact.

The BP however does not do this and I view it as a hi po version of the SP. Plus that 5th fin box gives versatility.

Its coming in FST soon however I like the bamboo deck. I'm light footed and so my boards last a while anyways. Plus I'm feather weight.

Comment

Cheers for the feedback, i was going to demo the BP next when im at the shop, just need some swell that isnt blown out, so i can give it a decent test. As for the bamboo decks, i seriously love them, have only ridden friends boards with them as i have never owned one. Im very interested in getting my hands on one of my own though

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                          Hey Yvibzh,
                          I would say that if you have a Dominator style board, then the best be would be to go after a potato. That will increase the wave range that you can surf...
                          baked or sweet???? what will the main differences be???

I got a shop on the phone today, he told me i should go for a SP in 6'0.

another one told me about a PN in 6'2 and both of them had conveniently exactly the board I needed in stock!!!! isn't that a piece of luck????

Chris ? Iggy? any advice?? souldn't I get a 5'10 or a 5'11?

Comment

the baked potato is the sweet potato stretched out by an inch with a slightly refined tail. Just a little more performance than the Sweet Potato. I would say the Sweet Potato is a little easier to use, but the differences are relatively subtle.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                            X