X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Float?

I picked up a used BP that some here might say is over-foamed. When I took it out it floats me at my ribcage. Sound about right? Maybe I'm just fatter than I thought. The BP is 5'7" and the last time I checked I was 185lbs. Fun ride either way.

Wow, @145 or 150 w/wet suite, my thighs are above the water line.

Congrats on the BP, a great board.

Comment

My 5'5 has the waterline sitting around my solar plexus and while I wouldnt go shorter I reckon I could easily ride a 5'3. I am 185lbs. Having said all of that some people float better than others due to muscle density, lung capacity, fat content etc...I am typically a sinker and find it nearly impossible to float on my back even with a lung full of air...I just sink...so dont read too much into where the waterline is when you sit on the board. Aurfalien ...I think if your thighs are above the water you are on the side of being over sized even for small waves...maybe that decision was deliberate...just my opinion.

Comment

Yes, my BP is too big for me. I thought at first it would be fine but man, its just too dam big. Still fun though.

Comment

Hi,I'm thinking to trade my 5'6 sp,I find it a little bit too big for me.My mind is tripping between a 5'4 sp and a 5'5 bp.My other boards are a 5'10 sf and a 6'2 alt.I'm 5'11 and 81 kg.Any advice???
          Last edited by search; 11-24-2012, 02:36 AM.

Comment

I ride a 5'2" sweet potato at 86Kgs and floats me plenty!!!!.

Comment

hey search. I think you could ride either of those potatoes. I am 175 lbs or around 80kg and I have ridded the 504 and enjoyed it. I think based on your preferences you have a few options, but the 504 sweet potato and the 505 baked potato are right in line with what you should be after.

Cheers

Comment

Iggy I know I could ride the 5'2 sp but in better waves!In this waves I surf my 5'10 sf.I agree with Chris,I think I will get a 5'5 bp.It's always good to try new shapes.I have a sp and I want to try the bp too!!!!
                So 5'5 bp it is.
                Thanks guys!!!

ps.What fcs fins you think that will work best with my 6'2 alt.I'm getting my hands on it next week and I'm not sure what fins I should buy!!!

Comment

I've heard pretty good things about the baked!. You're right, is always good to try new boards, keeps you out of the comfrot zone and improving.

Comment

Working...
                  X