Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can any of the forum crew let me know once & for all, if the BP will be coming out in FST in 2013?

Also, I can't seem to find out much info on Technograin technology.

When will the BP technograin be available in Australia?

Comment

Ha that's a tricky question...

On one hand Chris said no, it's being bypassed in FST for the Technograin launch which is quarter 1 2013, so they should start filtering into shops soon I imagine.

On the other hand, there's now an FST BP shown on the BP page on the website and FW Fan has been told by the Aus crew that it's on it's way.

Possibly it'll be Technograin first with FST following later in the year?

Comment

prjwebb, it's as clear as mud now, thanks (hahahaha)!

And any links to info on technograin?

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
        Ha that's a tricky question...

On one hand Chris said no, it's being bypassed in FST for the Technograin launch which is quarter 1 2013, so they should start filtering into shops soon I imagine.

On the other hand, there's now an FST BP shown on the BP page on the website and FW Fan has been told by the Aus crew that it's on it's way.

Possibly it'll be Technograin first with FST following later in the year?

Comment

Haha yeah happy to help.

The only Technograin info I have is from the 2013 buyers guide and a bit of social networking stuff.
          Light weight EPS core, sustainably grown paulwnia deck/bottom skins and parabolic rails and bio resin hot coat. No external fibreglass.
          From what I've been told it's considerably lighter than FST, potentially slightly lighter than Rapidfire with good durability and a lively flex pattern. The logo is branded into the deck too rather than lammed. Pretty cool!

Comment

Attachment Attachment
            Attached Files

Comment

FW -Fan/Chris,

My prayers have been answered!! :D

Comment

Originally posted by hawaii_boi View Post
                FW -Fan/Chris,

My prayers have been answered!! :D
                Mine too...my order has already been placed...that would have to be one of the earliest pre orders in history !! Not due out for 5 months or so I hear.

Comment

Thanks prjwebb, i appreciate the info on the technograin...looks pretty sweet, think i might have to order a 501BP.

I wonder how you would go about repairing it if you ever got it dinged up?

Would the grain on the repair look the same or would there be a weird looking epoxy resin patch on the ding area?

Comment

the repair process is EXACTLY the same as you would repair a regular board. resin filler, glass and sanding.

As with our other techs, people with vacuum systems can repair the sandwich construction to and add high density foam, or in this case, Paulownia wood.

We are also looking into printing "digi" patches of paulownia so that you can toss it under the glass is a repair to maintain the aesthetic.

Cheers

Comment

Hey Chris, that's good to hear about the Paulownia wood patches. The technograin boards are aesthetically beautiful, it would be a shame if this was compromised due to ding repairs.

Better put my order in!

Comment

damn right!!

Comment

Working...
                        X