X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baked Potato from a longboard

6'0ft, 175lbs, intermediate ability, good shape, currently riding a 9'0 DT2 and looking to change things up a bit. I am looking at picking up 5'9 BP. I am concerned with dropping for a 9'0 to to a 5'9. Should I consider the 5'11 or a different board?

I surf in VA Beach in 1-3ft mushy waves.

Addvance will make the transition easier. Are you used to shortboards or have you only ridden longboards?

Comment

I have a 7'6 funboard shaped Takayama and a 6'6 quad fish. I don't have a problem riding either board.

6'6 is the shortest board I have ever ridden.

Comment

The issue with the potato family is that if you overdimension it, it will feel sluggish and you wouldn't be be getting the full potential of it. At your dims I would not go bigger than a 5'5". This might be short for you but volume wise will be more than plenty. How do you surf your fish?

Comment

I do ok on it. Dimensions on it are 6'6 x 22x 2 5/8. I really don't surf it that much. This past yr I mainly surfed the 9'0 and 7'6

Comment

Why if I may ask?.Did you find it not performant enough?, hard to catch waves or conditions simply were not good enough for it?. The 6'6" Addvance will be a great choice by the way but you could go ahead and sell the fish... you'll have no use for it any longer

Comment

No real reason but it is more difficult for me to catch waves on. There were more than a few times I would have liked to have the fish with me. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
              X