Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lose the Sweet Potato... Just get baked!!!

Now for those thinking about purchasing a Sweet Potato, save your money and head straight for the Baked. I kid you not having ridden SP and a PN, the BP is hands down the perfect stick for me. I always loved my SP for its easy paddling and speed, making it so much fun. The skatey feel was great on little 2-3 footers. Only problem was that tail, which is great for catching gutless waves but also prevented its agility.

The BP is just as much fun and keeps that skatey feel but adds a touch more control. I can get in just as early but can square off the bottom a lot better making staying tight in the pocket easier. The SP tended to always race out on to the shoulder, not sure if its just because quads do that. I still find the BP as fast if not faster than the SP, and had trouble trying to wash off the speed while surfing it quad. I changed to thruster and felt the control a lot better but lost a bit of speed. Not a bad trade off but perhaps I try a knubster with the quad set up.

I can't say enough about the BP, for me it's the refinement the SP needed, and FW has done their homework well. Don't wait for the FST, just look after this board and it will serve you well. Great work guys... The board is ALL TIME!

JB

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

Agreed 100% jon_bro.

My boards are FST by default but its cool having an RF in my quiver. The BP is very cool for sure and flows a real nice.

Stoked to have sold my 5'7" for the 5'5". Totally underestimated the volume diff, now I understand what too much volume means and it can ruin ones surfing for sure.

Comment

Jon what do you think about the BP vs PN? I am very close to getting rid of my PN for a BP in the small stuff.

Comment

All I have to say about the Baked Potato is WOW!

I’ve never ridden this style of board before so I don’t have anything to compare it to. I have always ridden my 6’4” or my 9’.

I got my BP a few days ago and we finally got a little wind swell. Waves were thigh to chest and fairly clean. It took me about an hour to get used to the board….had some impressive wipe outs during this time. Once I got used to it, the board was amazing. I caught wave after wave. The board is super fast; as soon as I stood up I was down the line. I was able to make big steep vertical cuts just like my short board with no problem. I even caught a few 1 ft shore breakers just to see if I could. I can’t wait to get back out!

FYI- I am 6’2’, 180lbs. My BP is a 507 with Futures Elevon fins.

Comment

Yessssssssir Chucktown

Comment

Well I will be selling the PN very soon as this is all round fun for me. I find the full nose perfect as the PN used to pearl to much. I can't say much more but dang this board is all time!

Comment

what size should i buy ? i'm 42 yo, 5'11 and 97kgs, riding gutless( really gutless) waves in north brittany, France

Comment

Originally posted by Yvibzh View Post
                  what size should i buy ? i'm 42 yo, 5'11 and 97kgs, riding gutless( really gutless) waves in north brittany, France
                  I'm 100kgs and ride a 5 9 BP. For me that's the perfect board... Depends on what experience you have and your fitness level.

Comment

Originally posted by jon_bro View Post
                    I'm 100kgs and ride a 5 9 BP. For me that's the perfect board... Depends on what experience you have and your fitness level.
                    i'm not fitted as i wish i would, more christmas fit these days, maybe i should go to a 5'11 then.
                    I surf since i'm 16, not often, though... only twice a month generally

Comment

Working...
                    X