X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fin setup for BP

getting a 5'9" BP and trying to figure a quad fin configuration for it.
    Im 6'3 (192cm) at 195lb (85kg) and usually go w/ a bigger fin template.
    Have a 5'8" SP w/ controllers and had mix results.
    help / suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

Kod11, checkout the BP video in BP page and see what Timmy Reyes is rocking. Someone in the forum always suggest Robbers w controller rears. im thinking of doing Jordy Smith fronts w controller rear or w F4 rear.

Comment

I'm liking my sweet potato with more standard template fins. DL fronts and DS rears. Much more predictable feel in my opinion.

Comment

Elevons work great for any kind of flat rockered board and particularly good on this board

Comment

Originally posted by iggy View Post
          Elevons work great for any kind of flat rockered board and particularly good on this board
          iggy, is the Elevon good for all type of waves? hollow barrels? slopy waves? mush? I like to take off late or pull into hollow barrels or double ups. can it hold?

Comment

I rock mine with MRTX fronts and Q1000 rears. Perfect on my SP as well.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, since i am getting an FCS plug BP i thought of Greg Griffin G10-s
              or as simple as m7 fronts w/ GX rears...? I am gonna surf this board in NJ small surf, soo i don't know if i am over fin-ing it or under fin-ing it..?
              Keep on with the good suggestions.
              Thanks.

Comment

I'd love to see what fins Greg would suggest for the Potatoes. If you're in Hawaii it'd be cool to get him to make a set especially for it.

Edit: Just read you're in NJ. Would still be interested to hear his take.

Comment

Originally posted by hawaii_boi View Post
                  iggy, is the Elevon good for all type of waves? hollow barrels? slopy waves? mush? I like to take off late or pull into hollow barrels or double ups. can it hold?
                  Hold definitely! I would go with the L rears. As far as waves go, I can tell you that those fins generate lots of speed, Tried them on East Coast mushy to medium powered waves and they work like a charm. Hollow waves yet to try

Comment

For hollower waves I rather go with a set of thruster. The AM2 would be my choice for those conditions

Comment

Anyone crazy enough to try a thruster setup on the baked yet??!

ALOHA!!

Comment

Working...
                      X