X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proformance in good surf

how does the baked perform in small good surf? (3-5ft hawaiian) north shore surf
    can handle waves that double up? or sandbar slabs like ehukai
    how is the drop? does it get you in early or force late airdrops
    I had a mayhem fish that was my favorite board ever, handled all conditions and drops
    rode that board till it it was literally beaten to death
    looking for a small wave performer that handles good waves and allow me to have fun in weak or blown out crap.

Im 5'11 165lbs int-adv surfer never had a fw yet, frothing to get one
    5''3 or 5''1? considering my needs for all conditions

nsjoel808, the Baked is a high performance version of the Sweet IMO. However, I think the Baked is not meant for slabs haha. It's short, wide and lacks rocker. you will most likely perl, but anything is possible. It's meant more for knee high to head high. Anything bigger will feel unstable (in my exp) after that...you'll need a step up. All the waves that are not too steep (e.g., Chuns, Ehukai, Pupukea, etc.) is good for Baked.
    I use it for Diamond Head, Waiks, and Alaz all the time 1-3ft. Daniel Jones was riding a 4'8 Sweet at Rockys and it was 1-3ft. As for size, all depends how much volume you want. I'm 5'8 and 170-175...the 5'3 Baked is perfect.

Now as for performance, it's good for generating speed on weak waves, turns (roundhouses) and all around fun. It's like skating a skate bowl haha.

Daniel Jones video: http://youtu.be/AU8E6GGJA4Y
    Last edited by hawaii_boi; 01-17-2013, 11:32 AM.

Comment

I've got a 5'3 for sale here in Honolulu! Hawaii-boi is right, 1-3 max and anything bigger and you'll want to be on a better board. It's fast on the takeoff and down the line for sure. Low rocker means I still pearl the damn thing every once in a while. It doesn't get into waves any earlier than a regular board, even over volumed so don't exactly think you'll be catching ad many waves as the longboarders. I got the board up on Craigslist if you want to check it out. I'm 155 and looking to go to the 5'1.

Comment

ya i saw that definitely interested, i just cant afford right now. rent is to damn high, my chick makes jewelry if you wanna trade for some vday presents plus cash?

Comment

if you are flexible on price lmk

Comment

thanks for the info and vid hi boi hows that 5''8 spitfire? i wanna get one of those too... one day

Comment

The one in the video is a sweet potato 4'8"
              Originally posted by nsjoel808 View Post
              thanks for the info and vid hi boi hows that 5''8 spitfire? i wanna get one of those too... one day

Comment

Im planning on using it as my "go surf no matter how small it looks board" hopefully get a summer like last year on the north shore. felt up a 5'1 and a 5'3. what huge difference. Im torn cause the 5'1 looks like a blade and the 5'3 looks over foamed. I just wonder how 5'1 paddles and handles small waves with someone that weighs 165?

Comment

If say punchy small NS waves in trunks the 501 will go good.

Comment

I bet Joel is probably wondering what trunks are LOL - board shorts.

Comment

I thought they called them trunks in the states?!? Ha trunks here usually refers to speedos.

Comment

I could be wrong but I've never heard it used on the mainland or Hawaii...might just never have come up.

Comment

Is it an Aussie thing then? Maybe my wires are crossed??

Comment

Originally posted by Slowman View Post
                            I could be wrong but I've never heard it used on the mainland or Hawaii...might just never have come up.
                            Not an Aussie thing, we call them board shorts, or shorts or boardies.

Always thought was an American thing, even in Kelly slater black and white he says trunks at one point.

Comment

My grandparents used to say swimming trunks! And whole lot of other words that no one seems to use today. I guess anyone into boxing wouldn't have trouble.

Comment

Working...
                              X