Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I agree. I think I know who you mean.......

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
      Yeah I'd like to get a Baked but for the conditions I use it in I feel like the Sweet Potato handles well enough and is insanely fun that it's hard to justify an 'upgrade'.
      That said, I could possibly get a good price for my Potato and it wouldn't be expensive of a move. I wonder what the Technograins will retail at in the UK? Any idea?
      Definitely worth the upgrade...chalk and cheese in my opinion...and yes they are still going to be done in FST...stoked.

Comment

personally i'd rather steer away from fst in the super grovellers in future. i'd rather go for the lighter options. sounds like the TG could be the best of both worlds

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
          personally i'd rather steer away from fst in the super grovellers in future. i'd rather go for the lighter options. sounds like the TG could be the best of both worlds
          You raised a good point...timber veneer boards of any kind are notoriously hard to repair and the repair always sticks out like the proverbial..not a biggie for most people but I really dont like ultra light boards and much prefer the feel of FST ...horses for courses.

Comment

Yeah the visibility of repairs is a big factor, but at the same time I've only put one hole in a FW in 4 years on them. The TG is a little more worrying due to the lack of external glass but it sounds like they are pretty durable. We shall see.
            I definitely like the feel of FST in my shortboard shapes, I don't feel like I get the same spring advantage in such a short thick board as a Potato it just feels nice and solid. I would probably benefit more from the lighter construction in that style of board.
            That said, when it's onshore and choppy that extra weight is probably helpful in cutting through the bumps and keeping momentum.

Comment

Working...
            X