Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iggy
    replied
    Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
    Also I don't think there is such a thing as too far back. Especially on a BP. You can always move your foot forward, but not further back than the pad allows.
    Agreed there, besides those boards like to be ridden with the back foot way back!

Leave a comment:

• Phill
    replied
    Also I don't think there is such a thing as too far back. Especially on a BP. You can always move your foot forward, but not further back than the pad allows.

Leave a comment:

• FW - Fan
    replied
    ferchizzle...you seem a little anxious about this....

Leave a comment:

• ferchizzle
    replied
    What is the safest way to remove wax and a traction pad from a TechnoGrain board?

I put my traction board too far back on my TG BP.

Many thanks in advance!!!

Originally posted by Chris View Post
    i am track pad all the way!!
    but i fall off while surfing without one...

Leave a comment:

• ferchizzle
    replied
    Wax and traction pad removal

Megsy - did you have to do anything different to remove the wax from a TG board?

Also does anyone know the best way to remove a traction pad from a TG board? I don't want to lift off any wood w the removal.

Originally posted by megsy View Post
    Ok, so I have put Versatraction on the deck of BP technograin. First tried it wearing boardies, no top. When you're paddling & sitting on your board, you tend to slide around a bit, doesn't grip like wax does. But when your up & surfing, your feet do grip somewhat but different to wax grip.
    Second time I used it, I had a wetty on & put a little bit of wax on the versatraction & it felt much better grip wise, I wasn't slipping & sliding around like before. Maybe that's the key, a light layer on the versatraction that gets into the grooves of the grip & it's good to go. If you want to maintain the aesthetic look of the board, then versatraction isn't too bad an option.

Leave a comment:

• ferchizzle
    replied
    Safe to remove trackpad from a Technograin Board

Chris - can you please tell me how to remove a trackpad from a Techno Grain board?

I set the kicker too far back and realized this after a sesh.

Originally posted by Chris View Post

Leave a comment:

• fokaiHI
    replied
    Originally posted by core personal training View Post
    haven't molested one yet....gotta love wood though...
    thats an innuendo if i ever heard one

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied

Leave a comment:

• megsy
    replied
    Thanks for the suggestion pmorgan, I thought about one of those but I decided not too because it would still cover, even just a bit of the beautiful deck of the board.

Leave a comment:

• Phill
    replied
    Try a little sanding

Leave a comment:

• megsy
    replied
    FW-Fan, I agree, it does defeat the purpose but I'm going to try a few things with it to make it work.

Leave a comment:

• megsy
    replied
    Here's a pic: Attachment
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• FW - Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by megsy View Post
    Ok, so I have put Versatraction on the deck of BP technograin. First tried it wearing boardies, no top. When you're paddling & sitting on your board, you tend to slide around a bit, doesn't grip like wax does. But when your up & surfing, your feet do grip somewhat but different to wax grip.
    Second time I used it, I had a wetty on & put a little bit of wax on the versatraction & it felt much better grip wise, I wasn't slipping & sliding around like before. Maybe that's the key, a light layer on the versatraction that gets into the grooves of the grip & it's good to go. If you want to maintain the aesthetic look of the board, then versatraction isn't too bad an option.
    If you have to put wax on it...doesnt that defeat the purpose?

Leave a comment:

• megsy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• pmorgan
    replied
    Attachment

Hey megsy I don't know if you fitted a tail pad to your BP but this tail block could be the way to go. Not covering too much of that cool finish.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X