X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am track pad all the way!!
    but i fall off while surfing without one...

Comment

Originally posted by core personal training View Post
      haven't molested one yet....gotta love wood though...
      thats an innuendo if i ever heard one

Comment

Safe to remove trackpad from a Technograin Board

Chris - can you please tell me how to remove a trackpad from a Techno Grain board?

I set the kicker too far back and realized this after a sesh.

Originally posted by Chris View Post

Comment

Wax and traction pad removal

Megsy - did you have to do anything different to remove the wax from a TG board?

Also does anyone know the best way to remove a traction pad from a TG board? I don't want to lift off any wood w the removal.

Originally posted by megsy View Post
          Ok, so I have put Versatraction on the deck of BP technograin. First tried it wearing boardies, no top. When you're paddling & sitting on your board, you tend to slide around a bit, doesn't grip like wax does. But when your up & surfing, your feet do grip somewhat but different to wax grip.
          Second time I used it, I had a wetty on & put a little bit of wax on the versatraction & it felt much better grip wise, I wasn't slipping & sliding around like before. Maybe that's the key, a light layer on the versatraction that gets into the grooves of the grip & it's good to go. If you want to maintain the aesthetic look of the board, then versatraction isn't too bad an option.

Comment

What is the safest way to remove wax and a traction pad from a TechnoGrain board?

I put my traction board too far back on my TG BP.

Many thanks in advance!!!

Originally posted by Chris View Post

Comment

ferchizzle...you seem a little anxious about this....

Comment

Also I don't think there is such a thing as too far back. Especially on a BP. You can always move your foot forward, but not further back than the pad allows.

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                  Also I don't think there is such a thing as too far back. Especially on a BP. You can always move your foot forward, but not further back than the pad allows.
                  Agreed there, besides those boards like to be ridden with the back foot way back!

Comment

prjwebb - I placed the traction pad right up against the leash plug and found my self slpwing down a little tp much when my foot would engage the kicker portion of the traction pad.

I want to ride the board without the pad (something should have done in the beginning) to figure out my foot position.

I am anxious about this because even though the TG construction is structually stronger, I have found the surface to be soft and susceptible to having small pieces of wood lift off if you are not careful. So, I want to be cautious about removing the pad.

Comment

I'd recommend having your foot a little forwardoin the pad when working through a slower section and then you're still able to jam it back against the kicker when a steep section presents its self.

Comment

Prjwebb - I feel you. Will give it a few more sessions. Right now the kicker is behind the rear quad fins. Thinking it shooild be over the rear fins instead. Know what I mean?

Comment

My kicker starts at the back edge of my rear quads so when my foot is against the kicker it's right over the fins.

Comment

My kicker is about a half inch behind the rear quads.

Comment

Can't see that being an issue but whatever feels right for you!

Comment

Do simple: you cut the back of the pad gently to the cutter so as to have a flat surface, and voila! You can put your foot where you want without having to take off the pad.

In the opposite case, if your pad is too far back, you added just before a small strip that you cut into a bath mat shower the same color as your pad. it works very well, it is simple, safe and cheap (but it will probably be a little ugly on your BP TG ...)
                                Last edited by guigoon; 03-29-2013, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X