Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris
    replied
    stoked Megsy. I have been riding my 503 the last few days and am just blown away by it. So super responsive and durable!! love it. might be my favorite potato yet...

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• csarqui
    replied
    Nice to hear megsy. I think this model is getting close to the top of my shopping list.

Leave a comment:

• megsy
    replied
    nsjoel808,

Just a report on the performance of my new 5'1" Baked Potato Technograin.

Surfed it in 2-2.5ft waves, slightly onshore winds in the morning. Had FCS K2.1 quads set up. This board flies!

It paddles as good as the sweet potato but definitely has better response in the critical part of the wave by holding it's rail line in the face of the wave (not sliding out like the SP does).

Later in the afternoon, I surfed it in 2.5-3ft waves, light offshore winds. Added the FCS knubster to the quad set up to give me a bit more control through the tail. The boards rail to rail transition is so smooth. I was surprised at how hard you can drive off the bottom of the wave. It performs round house cutbacks like a breeze without losing any speed & no problems putting it up late into the lip of the wave.

The board is surprising light. I think it is lighter than the 5'0" sweet potato I once owned.

The board turns plenty of heads out in the line up (& on the land), mainly due to how amazing it looks with the Paulownia deck skin.

I know i'm going to have some great & memorable sessions on this board....Firewire, two thumbs-up!!!
    Originally posted by nsjoel808 View Post
    so wats the verdict? are the concaves and middle spine/ all the lines still the same? hard to tell with that wood finish.
    hows the weight/ overall feel of the board?

Leave a comment:

• core personal training
    replied
    Originally posted by Slowman View Post
    Yeah I use the ball of my foot too on the tail pad and I think my front foot is in the ushiro geri position, kicking backwards pushing my weight down and forward.
    yeah, my left leg does some sort of demented chicken dance too...every successful surfer has a signature move....unfortunately, thats mine... !!

Leave a comment:

• cuttlefish
    replied
    o
    The thing about Versa traction is it comes in multiple panels and you can trim them to fit.
    So a clever customer who knows they like it will simply buy one longboard kit which isn't much more and be able to fully cover a couple of shorter boards.
    Tip of the day.

Leave a comment:

• megsy
    replied
    Cheers Cuttlefish, I might go check them out. They're at Miranda, which isn't too far away from me.
    Goanna, I'll be bringing the board with me to work just to make sure you don't break it in before I get a chance to, sorry!
    nsjoel808, I will give a detailed report of how it rides once I get it in the water. I'm hanging to ride it as conditions are perfect for a groveller board at the moment...1-2ft ENE swell, with light NW winds (nice & glassy). Unfortunately I'm working today & tomorrow but I'm going to get up for the early tomorrow before I start work...stay tuned!

Leave a comment:

• cuttlefish
    replied
    Versa traction.
    Made in The US.
    Available in Aus from Riley (balsa surfboards).
    A funboard full deck kit will cost $75 (Aus) and will leave you with almost 2 big panels left over to use on another board.
    You could then later put a normal tail pad on the versa traction if you wanted to.
    Check the Riley site or the listings on Aus Ebay to see how the traction looks on their balsa boards.
    I've used them on a couple of black carbon fibre boards and just bought another one for a new board.
    No wax is brilliant.

Leave a comment:

• Goanna
    replied
    Originally posted by core personal training View Post
    Goanna is such a frothing grom, he posts pics of his mates new boards...next he'll take it for a spin while Megsy's out at work..!!
    Guilty! I am a frothong grom that's for sure - and Megsy is working Sunday. mmmmm thanks for the idea Core

Leave a comment:

• nsjoel808
    replied
    so wats the verdict? are the concaves and middle spine/ all the lines still the same? hard to tell with that wood finish.
    hows the weight/ overall feel of the board?

Leave a comment:

• core personal training
    replied
    Originally posted by Goanna View Post
    I'm stealing Megsy's thunder here but here is what he sent me today....

Attachment
    Goanna is such a frothing grom, he posts pics of his mates new boards...next he'll take it for a spin while Megsy's out at work..!!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• hawaii_boi
    replied
    sick board! I want!!!!!!!

ALOHA!!

Leave a comment:

• megsy
    replied
    Goanna, you're too quick! I have no problem you posting up the pics of my new 'sick' stick.

Leave a comment:

• suncoastslop
    replied
    sick

suncoast

Leave a comment:

• Goanna
    replied
    Originally posted by suncoastslop View Post
    any pics?

suncoast
    I'm stealing Megsy's thunder here but here is what he sent me today....

Attachment
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• suncoastslop
    replied
    any pics?

suncoast

Leave a comment:

Working...
X