Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deck Grip on Technograin Baked Potato?

Hi fellow firewire'ians,

Picking up my 501 Technograin Baked Potato tomorrow & I'm wondering whether to put a tail pad on it or not?

The board looks so sick with the wood grain, it would almost be a crime to cover it but I don't want to damage the deck with my knee when I duck dive.

Apart from the aesthetic look, I'm wondering if the adhesive of the deck grip will damage the Paulownia deck?

megsy, i duckdive with the ball of my foot...never used my knee..ever... that might help... your right, it would be a shame to cover it..!! .. there's clear deck grip out there... i was under the impression there is still a coat of resin that you would be adhering to... so i assume its fine... chris.. you out there..??

Comment

Hey Core,

It's weird because when you feel the board, it doesn't feel like there is any resin on it?

But it apparently has what Firewire call, an 'Entropy Bio-Resin Hot Coat'.

Comment

haven't molested one yet....gotta love wood though...

Comment

Yeah there's 2 thin coats of bio resin rubbed on to seal the wood. At least I think I read it was two.
          I tried my sweet potato without a pad and it felt odd. Never sure of foot placement and I find the extra height of the pad actually give you a little more leverage going rail to rail on that wide tail.
          I would batter it with my knee duck diving too.

Comment

Mmmmm....might run it without to start with, taking Core's advise & using the ball of my foot to duck dive.

Guess I can always put a tail pad on after if i feel I need too!

Comment

Originally posted by megsy View Post
              Mmmmm....might run it without to start with, taking Core's advise & using the ball of my foot to duck dive.

Guess I can always put a tail pad on after if i feel I need too!
              Hey Megsy, any wax left in the woodgrain will affect tailpad adhesion later on - something to think about I suppose.

Comment

Yeah I use the ball of my foot too on the tail pad and I think my front foot is in the ushiro geri position, kicking backwards pushing my weight down and forward. I also roll the board to one side into a 30-45 degree from horizontal position (one rail lower than the other) for an emergency deep dive if need be.
                Last edited by Slowman; 03-07-2013, 06:24 PM.

Comment

any pics?

suncoast

Comment

Originally posted by suncoastslop View Post
                    any pics?

suncoast
                    I'm stealing Megsy's thunder here but here is what he sent me today....

Attachment
                    Attached Files

Comment

sick

suncoast

Comment

Goanna, you're too quick! I have no problem you posting up the pics of my new 'sick' stick.

Comment

sick board! I want!!!!!!!

ALOHA!!

Comment

Originally posted by Goanna View Post
                            I'm stealing Megsy's thunder here but here is what he sent me today....

Attachment
                            Goanna is such a frothing grom, he posts pics of his mates new boards...next he'll take it for a spin while Megsy's out at work..!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

so wats the verdict? are the concaves and middle spine/ all the lines still the same? hard to tell with that wood finish.
                              hows the weight/ overall feel of the board?

Comment

Working...
                              X