Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FW - fan, after a couple of surfs the deck looks brand new, no impressions from feet placement. I think TG might be the child of RF & FST. It's as light as RF but as strong as FST, perfect blend of them both!!

Comment

Hello, new to the forum here,

I demoed a 5'1 Baked Potato in Rapidfire, loved the board and ordered one immediately. The one I ordered is in Rapidfire but I have the option of waiting a week or two more for a Technograin version.

Questions for anyone who's ridden both Rapidfire and Technograin:

- The Rapifire BP I demoed felt really “slippery” and fast through the water. Does Technograin match the speed through the water and overall feel that I was liking in the Rapidfire?
      - I hear Technograin is super light. Does it lose drive in bumpier conditions – at least any more than Rapidfire would?
      - Any other thoughts on comparison of feel and performance characteristics?

Thanks!
      Last edited by Brazos; 03-16-2013, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Update on 501 BP TG: Two hour session in 2-2.5ft east swell with light cross shore winds, had quad & knubster set up. The first hour the board felt pretty average & I was just about to change to my 504 Potatonator. Then I caught a wave that I was able to fade off the bottom, drive hard up the face & do an arcing top turn that allowed me to be in the pocket when I came out of the turn then race across the face to an oncoming close out lip, threw the board up through the lip, kicking the tail out the back of the wave & releasing the fins, landing sideways to the beach, then riding out ahead of the foam. After that wave for the next hour, every wave I was able to execute similar manoeuvres with full completion, it was as if I found the sweet spot on the BP. After that session, it confirmed my decision to have sold my 504 SP for the 501 BP.

Comment

thats another "want" on my list after reading this thread, glad technograin BPs arnt coming out till Q3 in the UK so I have a chance to save a bit of cash

Megsy im pretty much the same weight height as you, how would you say it compared to your 5'2 SP (i am right in thinking you had a 5'2?) its one of the most fun boards iv ever tried, Iv never gone so fast on a board, I swore id never replace it but this 5'1 techno BP just looks and sounds so unreal!

Is it as easy to ride as the SP was? if it is im sold.

Comment

Matt_s, I originally had a 5'0" RF SP when they were first released. It was both the shortest board I'd ever ridden & the most fun board I'd ever ridden, fast & light. After about 8 months, I decided to get the 5'2" SP in FST. Two reasons, firstly the deck on the RF was pretty damaged with feet impressions & it had had so many dings due to people dropping in on me way down the line thinking there was no way I was going to make the wave from where I was taking off right at the start of the wave....this board is fast! Secondly, I wanted to compete with the longboarders on the really small days & catch the waves before they were up & riding, so I thought more volume would help me achieve this. I found the difference I. The volume from the 5'0" to the 5'2" was just too much & subsequently affected the overall performance of the 5'2". It was harder to throw the board around in the wave & almost felt to stiff & not connected to the wave like the 5'0". So I decided I needed something in between, durable & strong enough to withstand the weight of my body (feet) but light enough to be able to execute more performance based manouveres. Great news is, I have found such a board. It is the 501 Baked Potato in Technograin!!!!

Comment

megsy do you fell like the technograin is too light?? hurts momentum and drive? would like to hear more about the feel of the board while riding? how does it handle chop/wind? i normally don't bother with side chop but a stiff offshore i give it a go

Comment

Attachment

A little comp session on the BP this weekend - was the perfect board for the conditions.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hey guys, I've been up at Noosa for a couple of days & my wonderful better half has filmed me surfing a couple of sessions on my BP TG. If I get enough people interested, I may post it up. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by megsy View Post
                    Hey guys, I've been up at Noosa for a couple of days & my wonderful better half has filmed me surfing a couple of sessions on my BP TG. If I get enough people interested, I may post it up. What do you think?
                    Dont be shy now Megsy...get it up

Comment

Do it!
                      (but make sure its the right video lol)
                      Last edited by Goanna; 04-03-2013, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Is not up yet??? We are all waiting to see!!!!

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the vid mate!
                          Just wondering if anyone one can provide direct comparisons between rapidfire and technograin technology on the BP. They are the same price so what are the positives and negatives of each?

Comment

Originally posted by yandy View Post
                            Looking forward to seeing the vid mate!
                            Just wondering if anyone one can provide direct comparisons between rapidfire and technograin technology on the BP. They are the same price so what are the positives and negatives of each?
                            Not the same price. Technograin is the same price as FST.

Comment

Ok. I didn't realise BP were available in FST. Can anyone explain differences in things like weight/durability etc for BP construction. Thanks

Comment

they're not available in fst

Comment

Working...
                                X