Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't you mean jazz flute?, nice work megsy you must of jagged one on the only non rainy, non onshore days in the last 3 months

Comment

suncoastslop, i was up there for about five days & it really only rained on one of those days. Most of the wind was onshore while i was there but it was the last day in the morning (video day) that was probably the cleanest.

Comment

Nice work Megsy. That thing really gets over the flat full sections well.

Comment

nice work megsy, really appreciate you posting up the reviews and videos, you being the same height and weight as me is really helpful with my board choices.
          5'1 timbertek BP is now on the list (when avaliable in the uk) will sell up my 5'2sp the thing goes like a rocket but I agree its probably a bit big at 70kgs

Comment

Nice video. You have a great style megsy.

Comment

Matt_s, always happy to help out a fellow firewire forum member.

Comment

csarqui, glad you liked the video & thanks for the positive comments.

Comment

Could you answer me a couple other questions megsy as I'm going down 3L i have a few worries...

1) is the 5'1 BP as fast as the 5'2 sp

2) is the 5'1 BP as easy to ride as the 5'2(Or close to)

3) does it surf the really weak stuff as good as the oversized sp?

4) does it feel a little bigger than the 5'0 sp ? (Which I always thought would be a little small)

Thanks
                  Last edited by Matt_s; 04-19-2013, 05:28 AM.

Comment

I have a 5'9 BP and my bro has the 5'10 SP - The SP is better in the really weak stuff it, the BP is better in more powerful stuff, the BP is more versatile as it will surf tiny waves but is less prone to catching the nose on take off and turning. I find it catches waves as easily as the SP, cant go wrong with either really.

Comment

Matt_s,
                      Here are my answers to your four questions:
                      1) The 5'1"BP is just as fast as the 5'2"SP
                      2) For me & my statistics, I believe the volume of the 5'1" BP makes it as easy to ride as the 5'2" SP & definitely allows a better performance from the 5'1" BP
                      3) It definitely surfs the weak surf as good as the larger volume 5'2" SP (as evident in the my video)
                      4) Since the 5'2" SP was the the board I had right before I got the 5'1" BP it's hard to say if I remember exactly just how small the 5'0" SP felt in comparison to the 5'1" BP. I will say that the 5'1" BP feels smaller & lighter than the 5'2" SP. I do remember when I first got the 5'0" SP it felt really small compared to any other board I'd had or ridden but after a few months of surfing the 5'0" SP, it didn't feel small any more, if that makes any sense?

Anyway, I hope this feedback is of some help to you!

Originally posted by Matt_s View Post
                      Could you answer me a couple other questions megsy as I'm going down 3L i have a few worries...

1) is the 5'1 BP as fast as the 5'2 sp

2) is the 5'1 BP as easy to ride as the 5'2(Or close to)

3) does it surf the really weak stuff as good as the oversized sp?

4) does it feel a little bigger than the 5'0 sp ? (Which I always thought would be a little small)

Thanks

Comment

@Matt_s, from what the FW website and what Chris says, the 5'0 Sweet is equivalent to 5'1 Baked and 5'2" Sweet is the 5'3" Baked. They added an inch to the Baked because the nose is pulled in more than the Sweet.

Sweet Volume:
                        5'0 = 28.9L
                        5'2 = 32.2L

Baked Volume:
                        5'1 = 29.3L
                        5'3 = 32.4L

Speed will only diminish if you undersize and/or if you are using the wrong fins. Since you are 70kg, 5'1 Baked should not be a problem.

ALOHA!!

Comment

Megsy,
                          Thanks a lot for that, it's really invaluable to helping me make a good decision ! I'm going to put in my order for a 5'1 its going to be quite a wait but looking forward to getting that stoke your getting from yours.
                          Hawaii boy cheers that makes good sense iv always felt the 5'2 was a little big and wondered what the 5'0 would be like, I recon it will be a good call as you say weight vs vol

Comment

Hello everybody !
                            Im from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Im going to US and im planning to buy a TimberTek Baked Potato.

Im 6'1 and 210 lbs. The volume calculator is saying i should buy a 5'9 or a 511. whats your opinion about getting the 59 or getting a 511? Pros ands cons ?

Thanks everybody ! ! !

Comment

Hey Megsy Enjoyed your vid You are surfing well in the waves that were on offer and with good style What is your weight and what would you recommend a someone that weighs in at 80 kg be riding Also if I can trouble you what are he differences you found between he BP and Potatonator Cheers

Comment

• megsy
                                megsy commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Hey @Wandi, cheers for the positive message. Since riding @Firewiresurfboards, I have found a new enthusiasm in my surfing.
                                I am 70kg & am 5'9" tall. I use the volume calculator to ascertain the recommended board for my stats, this might be of help for you being 80kg.
                                Give it a try & see what boards it recommends.
                                The difference between the BP & PN is the BP is suited for the waves that are 0.5-2ft, have a flatter wave face & not much power in them. It catches them with ease & allows you to execute some more performance-based manoeuvre's in the small stuff.
                                The PN performs best with more juice in the wave. It is more performance-based than the BP & will allow you to go that little more vertical, carve a little more faster & take off in waves that are a little more steeper.
                                I hope this has been of some help/assistance to you.

@FW-Fan I got mine from Rip Curl Narrabeen.

Comment

Working...
                              X