Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size BP do you think ?????????

Hi there,
    After some help and guidance for buying a Baked Potato. They look nice. Currently riding hybrid - aloha bean 6'0..good board but want something for those real small/mushy days at my local beachies. BP a good choice do you think?
    Surfing at the top end of Intermediate level. Weight 82Kgs/180lbs and height 5'11.
    I think a 504 would be ideal but I don't think there is the option so am thinking the 505 for a bit more foam for very small days. I won't use the board for shoulder or above at this stage as have the hybrid.
    What size would you guys suggest going?
    Thanks for your help!

5'5 if you want extra foam, 5'3 if you like lower volume.

Comment

Cool thanks...thinking 5'5. How do these compare to js pier pony, lost bottom feeder etc for small small wave riding. I can go pretty small on my hybrid but want something for those days where a longboard seems the only option? Thanks for your help!

Comment

If you want it for full mush I reckon the sweet potato may have an edge with the baked having performance tweaks for the slight better small waves.
        I haven't A/B'd the two for a direct comparison though.
        I think they look like better shapes than the Pier Pony which didn't look great even in the vids of pros riding them. I imagine the bottom feeder will perform similarly though.

Comment

5'5" it is for me as well

Comment

5'5 baked would be good if you plan to just use it for mush.

Comment

Sounds good - anyone got comparisons between the baked potato and the lost bottom feeder for the bottom end of the wave scale....?

Comment

Working...
              X