Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set on a Baked Potato, but what size???

I've decided to pick up a baked potato but I'm not sure what size. This is going to be my first groveler so I'm trying to get a feel for what size/volume I should go with. I'm 5'10 and 150lbs. Any suggestions? Any help is definitely appreciated. Cheers!

What do you usually ride? 501 could be good, 411 if you want to go super small.

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
      What do you usually ride? 501 could be good, 411 if you want to go super small.
      My daily driver is a custom 5'10 x 20 x 2 5/8 single to double concave squash tail quad shaped by a local guy here in huntington. Works in most conditions, but when I surf with my girlfriend who rides a longboard, my wave count goes way down due to the areas she surfs (long, rolling, san onofre type waves). What length would get me into that small mush stuff???

Comment

I'd look at the 5'3" possibly in that case. Sounds like you're used to bigger boards?

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
          I'd look at the 5'3" possibly in that case. Sounds like you're used to bigger boards?
          Yeah, when we drew it up I was looking for a 1 board quiver. So we went with these dimensions to cover the waist - slightly overhead conditions. But it needs punchier waves, I've tried tons of fin setups but it still struggles in the mushy slop. So I'm looking for a size that will easily get me into slow mushy waves and generate drive down the line.

Comment

Pbgstar,

Mushy slop?? ever considered a Sweet Potato? I would recommend that too :)

ALOHA!!

Comment

Originally posted by hawaii_boi View Post
              Pbgstar,

Mushy slop?? ever considered a Sweet Potato? I would recommend that too :)

ALOHA!!
              I did, I demo'd an SP and a BP and the baked felt and responded better. The SP felt a little too sluggish, was super stable but I couldn't dig and push through turns as well. The BP just felt more natural under my feet for whatever reason.

Comment

5'1" to keep up with your girlfriend!!!! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by iggy View Post
                  5'1" to keep up with your girlfriend!!!! ;)
                  Lol well put, 5'1 was what I was leaning towards.

Comment

thanks for the feedback everyone

Comment

Working...
                    X